Ayr Utd v Thistle

Albert's Ghost

3 hours ago, JAG1970 said:

With 6 months left on his contact come the turn of the year IMC must be thinking of offloading Akinola early, especially if he is successful with his apparent interest in Shaughnessy.

Be interesting to see if he starts Mitchell tomorrow night. Sneddon might have picked the ball out of the net 8 times in two games, but I think he was blameless for all of them. Not sure Mitchell would have done any better given how we defended as a team. 

Need Docherty back for this one. Might be another chance for Fitzpatrick to start if Tiffoney isn't fit - if so, he really needs to grab it. Has been pretty disappointing so far. 

Like the Brownlie "get fit" challenge, Mullen needs more game time to see what he's made of but is only getting a few mins towards the end of games. Weston is probably too inexperienced to gamble with, in which case why did we sign him. It's not working for us, the player or his club. 

Think Sneddon misjudged the 4th, but it didn’t matter at that stage. He might have been better placed for the 1st also - maybe being a bit harsh. 
If Fitzpatrick/Smith are going to be as ineffective as they were on Saturday, there is no risk to using Weston or Stanway.

5 minutes ago, Albert's Ghost said:

Weird team he's picked.  A 6-1-2.  3 men on Akinyemi I reckon!

Can only imagine it's a 5-3-2 with Aero or Hodson in a deep midfield slot. This'll be the night we try and pass it out from the back with only 2 midfielders! McMillan & Milne will both have to play out their skins to provide some effective width.

56 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Going for a point then

I think we are setting up the team to minimise the number of goals we lose.

Not being  wise after the event (Aberdeen and QP) I had concerns about this game when I looked at the forthcoming fixtures a few weeks ago. I was concerned, as others are, with the big striker  Akinyemi, who seem to be able to play football as well as being big and strong.

Can we sign his in the Janusry window.