Ayr Utd v Thistle

Albert's Ghost

Doesn’t look like a win tonight, to be fair doesn’t even look like a point! Don’t look  like scoring  indeed we look more like conceding.

As usual McCall making some strange subs?

Only slightly reassuring thing is that Ayr are as bad as we are. I think?

Edited by stillresigned

Jackie lows refusing the £80,000 from the jags foundation as not needed really does beggar belief

sad to say given how I rated both but Brownlie and Akinola look completely finished and I’m increasingly wondering if it’s best all round if they are moved on in January 

I know Graham scored tonight but we cannot afford for him to keep missing the other chances he is missing.  For a striker some of his finishing is criminal 

Just now, 1876 said:

Absolutely no enthusiasm from the players we look dead on  our feet just punting high balls  hoping for the best 

Don't know if we can afford to sack macall 

But something needs to change 

Can we afford NOT to sack him? This is brutal. Totally found out, no ideas, no plan B (or plan A) - change needed. 
Season only going one way sadly. 

• Like 1

Just now, 1876 said:

Absolutely no enthusiasm from the players we look dead on  our feet just punting high balls  hoping for the best 

Don't know if we can afford to sack macall 

But something needs to change 

Then do we really need a defensive coach in Archie who is spectacularly failing currently and with each passing game is making our defence worse almost 

• Like 1

That was seriously pish.

Second half in particular was shapeless. Both sides launched the ball in the air so often that air traffic control at Prestwick airport must have thought there was an invasion by UFOs. Bannigan and Turner hardly got a kick. There was one good opportunity before Ayr's fourth when Fitzpatrick (?) got free on the right, but hit what was a neither a shot or a cross and it whistled past.

Other that that, turgid stuff that underlines we are not clinical enough up top and not solid enough at the back.

McCall is finished. He’s just repeating the same mistakes from his first tenure as manager. As is often the case with his teams, they promise so much before the arse dramatically falls out of it.

It is actually staggering how unfit and badly organised we are all over the pitch. Defenders who look as if they’ve just met each other for the first time.

Depressingly, I doubt we’re in a strong financial position to replace McCall and his two assistances, and let’s be honest, you wouldn’t trust the chair and our board to pick even a vaguely competent replacement. 

• Like 1