Raith Rovers on Saturday

a f kincaid

Info on PT OS just says no cash gate. Once again, not at all helpful!  Does it mean literally no entrance without a ticket OR entrance on the day can be by card but not cash?

I phoned RRFC. Entrance to away end is by ticket only. No cash or card gate. I was told there is no facility to buy a ticket for the away end on the day. Ticket sales on the day are for home fans only.

Seems to me that Scottish football clubs expend a lot of effort to making life as difficult as possible, for spectators to actually attend games. In particular, no thought seems to be given to attracting the casual spectator who might just fancy turning up to catch a game. Particularly, if that spectator is a supporter of an away team!

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Was Willie Sharp playing that day?

I can’t recall, but I think MoJo scored only for it to be disallowed to award us a penalty. That, changing ends and shouting abuse at Jimmy Savill every time a train passed is all I recall.

Edit to add: From looking at the records, might have been the 2-1 win November 19th 1983.

Edited by Dick Dastardly
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Anniesland Jag said:

If we display the same attitude and application seen during first half against Ayr(Brownlie’s unfortanate header aside) we should eke out a point or three hopefully .Praying Lawless passes fit .

Lawless is this year's Tiffoney. The one bright spark within the team. Without him we are so predictable. 

Said before that the absence of Docherty is very evident. How we cope with that today will be crucial. Relying on Docherty, who is hardly the epitome of a defensive midfielder, also highlights a weakness within the squad.  Even when we play with what I feel is our best set up (4-2-3-1) the opposition still manage to break thru our midfield. Fine going forward but not so great at winning the ball back.

If only Lawless is back then I don't expect much different from Tuesday so

Mitchell

Akinola-Muirhead-Brownlie

McMillan-Turner-Hodson-Bannigan-Milne

Lawless-Graham

I would start Graham over Dowds partly because he's more of a leader than Dowds but also because we're playing his old club. If Lawless isn't fit I'd go with Weston or Fitzpatrick up front. 2 Target men is too easy to defend so we need some pace and someone willing to run in behind.

Really need to see all the players show effort and a will to win. When confidence is low the only way to get it back is to put in more of the dirty work and take a pride in defending. Particularly want to see all the guys that come off the bench up their work rate and attitude.

22 minutes ago, laukat said:

If only Lawless is back then I don't expect much different from Tuesday so

Mitchell

Akinola-Muirhead-Brownlie

McMillan-Turner-Hodson-Bannigan-Milne

Lawless-Graham

I would start Graham over Dowds partly because he's more of a leader than Dowds but also because we're playing his old club. If Lawless isn't fit I'd go with Weston or Fitzpatrick up front. 2 Target men is too easy to defend so we need some pace and someone willing to run in behind.

Really need to see all the players show effort and a will to win. When confidence is low the only way to get it back is to put in more of the dirty work and take a pride in defending. Particularly want to see all the guys that come off the bench up their work rate and attitude.

Having been at Ayr during the week , Darren Brownlie shouldn’t be anywhere near the team until he gets himself fit .

Entire club is in the gutter. An embarrassment from top to bottom.

McCall is a dinosaur, Scally contributes nothing, and I regard Archie as a man without pride or integrity to come crawling back to an Assistant job. Nepotism at every level. 

Anyone could see our weaknesses between the post and in defence. 

Edited by Yellow & Redneck