Forum Slump?

Jaggernaut

Is it just me, or has there been a big dive in posts on the forum in the past week or two?

If it's not just me and there is a slump, is that due to the team's dreadful performances, the 3BC and fan "ownership" debacle, or either a combination of those two and/or some other factors?

I admit to being a less frequent contributor (cue sighs of relief) than before, but It would be a shame if this outlet diminished to a few comments from the same small handful of commentators every day.

41 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Is it just me, or has there been a big dive in posts on the forum in the past week or two?

If it's not just me and there is a slump, is that due to the team's dreadful performances, the 3BC and fan "ownership" debacle, or either a combination of those two and/or some other factors?

I admit to being a less frequent contributor (cue sighs of relief) than before, but It would be a shame if this outlet diminished to a few comments from the same small handful of commentators every day.

Not sure if there has been a huge dive in the past couple of weeks, but I would freely admit to not having analysed any statistics.

I am maintaining my own regular, but infrequent, level. Auld Jag has returned recently from Cloudflare exile to add to the quality and quantity of posting.

My feeling would be that poor performances (by the team, not by Auld Jag) tend to bring out more commentators and comments than good performances.

The fan ownership debate is still very much alive, but forum-wise I think that all have us have said all that can be said for the time being, and made our positions pretty clear, so, apart from constant repetition there is not much more to be posted until there is a major new development.

I have to concede that some regular posters may be totally scunnered and are perhaps boycotting the forum because of the absolute embarrassment that particktheunderdog is leading in the Scottish Cup prediction competition.

3 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Posts on the Jags Foundation thread have pretty much dried up since the transfer of shares to the PTFC Trust and aftermath of the interviews, which I suppose is understandable. 

There has been a fairly steady flow of emails to members.  I haven't checked the website itself, but it would mischaracterise things to suggest that communication had dried up from the Foundation. 

49 minutes ago, stolenscone said:

There has been a fairly steady flow of emails to members.  I haven't checked the website itself, but it would mischaracterise things to suggest that communication had dried up from the Foundation. 

It wasn’t what I was meaning to do. The Jags Foundation thread on this forum used to be very active, but I don’t think it is anymore, which is probably one of the reasons that Jaggernaut feels there has been a slump in the forum.

I don't know the answer to the slump in form. There has been a lot of posting recently and some posters could do with a break.  Some have been posting twice a week.  Some are posting while only 60% fit.  Some of our posters didn't even get a good pre-season due to keyboard problems. At least November sees us only having to post once a week so that will be a help. When posters from other clubs sit down at the keyboard they look as if they could fire off a post every time - even from distance.  We need to sort this out. The boys will be in soon for a meeting to show them the posts from last week and to have an open discussion about what can be done.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

19 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

I It would be a shame if this outlet diminished to a few comments from the same small handful of commentators every day.

It has been like that for a few years.  You don't even need to read some posters replies to know at least the tone of their responses.

Staid and dying on its arse, a bit like the team itself...

5 hours ago, a f kincaid said:

I don't know the answer to the slump in form. There has been a lot of posting recently and some posters could do with a break.  Some have been posting twice a week.  Some are posting while only 60% fit.  Some of our posters didn't even get a good pre-season due to keyboard problems. At least November sees us only having to post once a week so that will be a help. When posters from other clubs sit down at the keyboard they look as if they could fire off a post every time - even from distance.  We need to sort this out. The boys will be in soon for a meeting to show them the posts from last week and to have an open discussion about what can be done.

Ha ha that gave me a good chuckle.  The Dundee forum will now no doubt snap you up in January transfer window for an undisclosed fee.