Jags vs Dungdee Sat 05/11 2022

Jimmy McD

Was over in Scotland visiting family and planned it around the game on Saturday.

Wasn't travelling as far as the folk from Chicago or Stockholm but did opt for a stayover in a hotel on Saturday and an 11 hour drive/ferry trip back in one day to Cork on Sunday just to watch Thistle (and get the wee man back to school for Monday).  3 minutes into the second half I knew we'd lose.  Anyway, lets not dwell - I just had to mention something strange.

To kill time on Saturday afterwards with my 14 year old son (who had also been traumatised at Firhill, but was happy as had at least got the new away top in the shop), we grabbed dinner and then a film at Braehead. Options were limited, so we end up watching, "Something in the Dirt, "  a supernatural / "comedy."  We were the only two in the screening and not surprised as the film was honking. 

But here's the the twist, one of the 2 actors was Aaron Moorhead !!!

So in 1 day we had sat through 2 horror shows from Aaron Muirhead/ Moorhead

Anyway, anyone who can watch that Thistle team every week has to be made of strong stuff.

My last visit we lost 1-0 at home to Raith with a 93rd minute goal (back in April)

May be for best (for omens and my mental health) if I skip Firhill on my next sojourn home!

• Like 1

I didn’t even get my “three beers in” prediction right (it was four).  Nothing else to add.  Milne was fantastic to watch up close.  Not just the goals (probably not a good sign when he has to be the offensive force), but some good defensive plays too.

Disappointing result but nothing was going to ruin it for me.  Enjoyed the pre-game vibe at the Woody.  Bit of magic watching Firhill come into view on the walk up.  Jags for Good helping out the community along McParland Drive.  Great people everywhere you go.  It’s really all something special.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Cork Jag said:

Was over in Scotland visiting family and planned it around the game on Saturday.

Wasn't travelling as far as the folk from Chicago or Stockholm but did opt for a stayover in a hotel on Saturday and an 11 hour drive/ferry trip back in one day to Cork on Sunday just to watch Thistle (and get the wee man back to school for Monday).  3 minutes into the second half I knew we'd lose.  Anyway, lets not dwell - I just had to mention something strange.

To kill time on Saturday afterwards with my 14 year old son (who had also been traumatised at Firhill, but was happy as had at least got the new away top in the shop), we grabbed dinner and then a film at Braehead. Options were limited, so we end up watching, "Something in the Dirt, "  a supernatural / "comedy."  We were the only two in the screening and not surprised as the film was honking. 

But here's the the twist, one of the 2 actors was Aaron Moorhead !!!

So in 1 day we had sat through 2 horror shows from Aaron Muirhead/ Moorhead

Anyway, anyone who can watch that Thistle team every week has to be made of strong stuff.

My last visit we lost 1-0 at home to Raith with a 93rd minute goal (back in April)

May be for best (for omens and my mental health) if I skip Firhill on my next sojourn home!

aye stay at home FFS it’s you that’s the problem no McCall

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, stillresigned said:

I said to myself at half-time, that I could see us quite easily loss three goals without reply. Seen it, so often I think I’ve kinda got a six sense for it now!

I must have spoken to 6 guys in the concourse at halftime and to a man all said don't  get excited its only halftime we could still loose this         how true..................

1 hour ago, Jimmy McD said:

I must have spoken to 6 guys in the concourse at halftime and to a man all said don't  get excited its only halftime we could still loose this         how true..................

I wasn't one of those glass half empty chappies. At the interval the optimist in me believed we could come away with a draw.

:)