Manager's Position

Fawlty Towers

Manager's Position  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Should the manager be dismissed?

• Yes - now.
    • Yes but only if results have not improved by end of November.
    • No - give him full season and make a decision then.

5 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

As a fan owned club - what do we think?

I don't think we are fan owned. Even if we were fans would not make this kind of decision.

Personally, I think he will get the rest of the month. I don't see us winning any of the league games and the cup game could be the final straw, even for the BoD.

Unfortunately I have come around to the opinion it’s time to go now. It’s not just the defeats, but the manner of defeat and the 3-4 goals shipped every game. We are in relegation form and in a relegation battle. 

I think I’m correct in saying that it is only Holt who’s out of our defence - all other defenders are available, so it’s hardly an injury crisis

3 minutes ago, jagfox said:

I don't think we are fan owned. Even if we were fans would not make this kind of decision.

Personally, I think he will get the rest of the month. I don't see us winning any of the league games and the cup game could be the final straw, even for the BoD.

The question is what do we think. Seems as fan-owners we don't even get an opinion.

12 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

Unfortunately I have come around to the opinion it’s time to go now. It’s not just the defeats, but the manner of defeat and the 3-4 goals shipped every game. We are in relegation form and in a relegation battle. 

I think I’m correct in saying that it is only Holt who’s out of our defence - all other defenders are available, so it’s hardly an injury crisis

Muirhead is now out as well

4 minutes ago, Anniesland Jag said:

Ok ,let’s say McCall and his team go ….where do we get the money to pay them off and who do we realistically replace to them with who is out there and available ?

Accounts say we are not struggling financially. If the are genuine then the money should not be a problem. I think there will be plenty who would apply. There are for most manager jobs.

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Accounts say we are not struggling financially. If the are genuine then the money should not be a problem. I think there will be plenty who would apply. There are for most manager jobs.

“Plenty who would apply “ ..any realistic names who would whet our appetite given our stellar accounts ?

6 minutes ago, Anniesland Jag said:

Ok ,let’s say McCall and his team go ….where do we get the money to pay them off and who do we realistically replace to them with who is out there and available ?

Given the manager has twice convinced the Board to overspend I am sure they could find the money. It may reduce the new manager's resources in January but I believe a better manager would get more for the current squad so the need to spend in January would be less.

With regards to specific names I could give you a few who I think would be worth speaking to but I don't know every potential option out there but when a job becomes available there is never a shortage of applicants.

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Not sure about that , to get rid of the 3 is probably going to cost us circa £150k , considering they didn’t have the budget to sort out the toilets in the Jackie Husband I’m not certain  they’ve got the money to pay off McCall and Co

9 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Given the manager has twice convinced the Board to overspend I am sure they could find the money. It may reduce the new manager's resources in January but I believe a better manager would get more for the current squad so the need to spend in January would be less.

With regards to specific names I could give you a few who I think would be worth speaking to but I don't know every potential option out there but when a job becomes available there is never a shortage of applicants.

Am pretty sure there are/will be plenty of applicants,however, when you introduce word “realistic “ is there anything better out there given our tight budget ?.Not saying we should sit on our plums and hope for the best but not sure there are better options out there right now….would gladly be proven wrong .

Edited by Anniesland Jag

1 minute ago, Anniesland Jag said:

Am pretty sure there are/will be plenty of applicants,however, when you introduce word “realistic “ is there anything better out there ?.Not saying we should sit on our plums and hope for the best but not sure there are better options out there right now….would gladly be proven wrong .

I can appreciate where you are coming from but I just think we need to make the change now. Of course any time you change manager there is the potential for it to go wrong but there is also the potential for it to work.

10 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Not sure about that , to get rid of the 3 is probably going to cost us circa £150k , considering they didn’t have the budget to sort out the toilets in the Jackie Husband I’m not certain  they’ve got the money to pay off McCall and Co

This has to be weighed against the cost of relegation- there is no way we will stay in the division when we concede at least 3 per game. I’m not sure if the present management will turn this around 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I’ll give you one name who is available. Jack Ross would certainly do better than McCall. Would he apply ? Who knows. Would there be better, probably.

Over to you. Who would do worse ?

Not interested in worse and who would be ?……..could we realistically afford Jack Ross ? .

Edited by Anniesland Jag

At this point there is no vacancy but I have always assumed, possibly incorrectly, that clubs would "keep an eye" on managers should  they need to make an appointment.

People I would like to see us speak to: Neil MacFarlane (Coach of Brentford's B Team), Darren O'Dea (coaching Celtic's B Team with Stephen McManus), Marvin Bartley (Livingston Assistant Manager) and Tam Courts who did a good job at Dundee United before his spell at Honved.

7 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

At this point there is no vacancy but I have always assumed, possibly incorrectly, that clubs would "keep an eye" on managers should  they need to make an appointment.

People I would like to see us speak to: Neil MacFarlane (Coach of Brentford's B Team), Darren O'Dea (coaching Celtic's B Team with Stephen McManus), Marvin Bartley (Livingston Assistant Manager) and Tam Courts who did a good job at Dundee United before his spell at Honved.

I’d add to that Alan Maybury at Edinburgh and Stewart Petrie at Montrose. Maybe even Mcintyre at Cove.

Edited by Dick Dastardly