Queens Park Game 2nd January

dpj

Passed Lesser H. early yesterday - much work completed, much work on-going, but much work still looks to be required (although I am no expert as regards construction timescales or ground regulation and licensing).

I imagine our first defeat of 2023 could possibly be there but the timescale is very tight by the looks of it.

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, dpj said:

Just been confirmed as actually still being at Ochilview

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/queens-park-fixture-confirmed-for-stenhousemuir/

A bit disappointing. Was looking forward to a trip to Hampden. We have been to Ochilview so often in the past few seasons there is no novelty value.

The tight pitch will not suit us. We found it difficult to keep the ball on the park last time. Can only hope that some lessons were learned and that we will go with a more effective game plan.

12 hours ago, Jimmy McD said:

Just an idea. Why did we not play the game at Firhill, and when we play them in 9 week's time there place should be ready.most of their.. support must come from the Glasgow area, would make sense on the 2nd of January little traveling....

You're falling into the trap of making sensible suggestions when talking about Scottish football.

Personally I'm chuffed the game is at Stenny. Considerably less traveling for me but I appreciate I'll be in a small minority on this one.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

You're falling into the trap of making sensible suggestions when talking about Scottish football.

Personally I'm chuffed the game is at Stenny. Considerably less traveling for me but I appreciate I'll be in a small minority on this one.

The other sensible thing would have been to schedule the Christmas Eve games for Boxing Day. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, a f kincaid said:

Just for info. I emailed QPFC  about admission to the match. Usual bugbear. Ticket only or PATG?   Their reply is that it is tickets only at the moment. They will consider whether PATG  is  an option nearer the time - presumably waiting to see how many tickets they sell on line.

We can hardly complain, as we have no PATG for visiting supporters - something I thought the new board would change.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jimmy McD said:

Its being played at Stenhousemuir  park....3.00 pm kickoff...........

Thanks for that. 

These days for me a "midnight stream" usually means a visit to the toilet, but tomorrow it might be paying to watch Thistle.

Or hell: maybe both, depending on how the game is going!

Who gets to sing "you're just a wee team from Glasgow"? Its not just a must win but a six pointer. This game is an indication of our intent for promotion. I would expect a three goal cushion. by expect what I mean is I will accept nothing less.

No pressure then   

7 hours ago, sabbath said:

Who gets to sing "you're just a wee team from Glasgow"? Its not just a must win but a six pointer. This game is an indication of our intent for promotion. I would expect a three goal cushion. by expect what I mean is I will accept nothing less.

No pressure then   

Why 3 goals ?