Thistle v Arbroath

Albert's Ghost

McCall saying we should have Graham, Muirhead, McKinnon and Tiffoney back. However Tiffoney unlikely to start.

I think we now have 2 reasonable centre-halfs in Muirhead and Brownlie so hopefully the formation reverts to a back 4. Still think we need 2 defensive midfields and a 4-2-3-1 so I would go with the following

Sneddon

McMillan-Muirhead-Brownlie-Milne

Hodson-Bannigan

Lawless--------Turner----------Fitzpatrick

Graham

Dropping Dowds is probably more to do with getting Graham's leadership qualities on the park than anything else.

4 hours ago, laukat said:

McCall saying we should have Graham, Muirhead, McKinnon and Tiffoney back. However Tiffoney unlikely to start.

I think we now have 2 reasonable centre-halfs in Muirhead and Brownlie so hopefully the formation reverts to a back 4. Still think we need 2 defensive midfields and a 4-2-3-1 so I would go with the following

Sneddon

McMillan-Muirhead-Brownlie-Milne

Hodson-Bannigan

Lawless--------Turner----------Fitzpatrick

Graham

Dropping Dowds is probably more to do with getting Graham's leadership qualities on the park than anything else.

Wouldn't be surprised to see that line up. Fitzpatrick has done zilch to warrant a start but I'm not that sure Weston would be the answer either.

Interesting game today in terms of the situation of the two clubs.

We beat Arbroath twice in the same week at a time when Arbroath were toiling due to key players  being injured.  Their fans expected results to improve once their players regained fitness  and this has happened.

From the Aberdeen cup tie we have had virtually all of our key players injured and we have certainly been toiling. Today's game finds us still in the dumps but with Arbroath on the up! A complete reversal of the situation when we last played them.

I don't think the return of Graham and the possible return of Tiffoney will make much difference as they will need time to get up to match fitness. 

I think Arbroath would be favourites for this one. I would be happy to take a draw and ecstatic if we won.

I don't recall any of the Arbroath fans calling for Dick Campbell's head during their difficult spell. Perhaps we should tale note!

Never felt less up for going to Firhill as I do just now. Off field shenanigans combined with a team which doesn't seem to be able to lift themselves, never mind inspire the fans have combined to instill apathy. If we lose again today (or at least don't make an effort to win) I will find it difficult to go back to Firhill. As for buying a season ticket next season ....

46 minutes ago, scotty said:

Never felt less up for going to Firhill as I do just now. Off field shenanigans combined with a team which doesn't seem to be able to lift themselves, never mind inspire the fans have combined to instill apathy. If we lose again today (or at least don't make an effort to win) I will find it difficult to go back to Firhill. As for buying a season ticket next season ....

I don’t think the club realise this. Going to the football is the most habit forming thing. Go every week, you never want to miss a week.  However get out of the habit……

Being privileged to know what I do, I will find it difficult to buy the 3 season tickets a year i currently buy (and today will be the last hospitality I take, only because I had committed to do so) whilst Gerry Britton remains in post and whilst certain board members remain at our club.  

Edited by jaf
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, exiledjag said:

Interesting game today in terms of the situation of the two clubs.

We beat Arbroath twice in the same week at a time when Arbroath were toiling due to key players  being injured.  Their fans expected results to improve once their players regained fitness  and this has happened.

From the Aberdeen cup tie we have had virtually all of our key players injured and we have certainly been toiling. Today's game finds us still in the dumps but with Arbroath on the up! A complete reversal of the situation when we last played them.

I don't think the return of Graham and the possible return of Tiffoney will make much difference as they will need time to get up to match fitness. 

I think Arbroath would be favourites for this one. I would be happy to take a draw and ecstatic if we won.

I don't recall any of the Arbroath fans calling for Dick Campbell's head during their difficult spell. Perhaps we should tale note!

And who’s fault is it that we don’t have adequate cover for those key players when we have a budget many times the size of Arbroath’s ?

47 minutes ago, jaf said:

I don’t think the club realise this. Going to the football is the most habit forming thing. Go every week, you never want to miss a week.  However get out of the habit……

Being privileged to know what I do, I will find it difficult to buy the 3 season tickets a year i currently buy (and today will be the last hospitality I take, only because I had committed to do so) whilst Gerry Britton remains in post and whilst certain board members remain at our club.  

If I've read you correctly, would that include information you have that's not currently in the public domain? Would it be possible to share it if so?

(Or maybe you just meant because you're so closely involved with the whole thing, you've amassed a lot of info.)

If we had more money we should build a stand down at the Bing specially designed for the Can't Be Arsed Fans. Perhaps stock it with magazines, a few books, a big telly showing the Saturday afternoon western, a plethora of other side attractions. Probably best to build the stand  facing the pitch. The South End probably suits most. Nearer the pubs, public transport etc, so easy to come and go.  All just a pipedream but it's definitely where I'd be heading this afternoon.  

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

If we had more money we should build a stand down at the Bing specially designed for the Can't Be Arsed Fans. Perhaps stock it with magazines, a few books, a big telly showing the Saturday afternoon western, a plethora of other side attractions. Probably best to build the stand  facing the pitch. The South End probably suits most. Nearer the pubs, public transport etc, so easy to come and go.  All just a pipedream but it's definitely where I'd be heading this afternoon.  

Plastic seats or deckchairs?

3 hours ago, westertonjagfan said:

I'll be there but really cannot be arsed.

What I'd give to be able to enjoy a pint with pals and walk up to Firhill every second Saturday.

Despite all of the negative stuff going on and the poor results, Wha's like us.

Enjoy the game westertonjag, I hope we get the win for you and everyone else of a Thistle persuasion.

Up The Jags.  

• Like 2