Thistle v Kelty

Albert's Ghost

16 minutes ago, Weebaw1 said:

It’s Scottish Cup Day!

Lets forget the politics and get to Firhill to support the team.

We’re getting our best players back and we should win comfortably. A wee cup runs could enable us to clear out some dross and sign some steel in January.

This is the first day when a section of the support will not attend and protest outside Firhill. So I doubt the politics can or will be forgotten.  Much as I respect the fans protesting, I'm kinda with you tho' re how this game could be important. A win and and an away draw to one of the bigger clubs would certainly help our finances and loosen the purse strings re the January window.   

I'll be in the ground supporting us in my own small way and definitely hope those inside Firhill do likewise. At the same time I'm wishing those outside Firhill protesting get the message across in a most effective manner.

2 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Even if they loosen the purse strings, what confidence do you have that McCall will use it wisely? We constantly point out that he signs decent players at this level, but the manager doesn't know what to do with them.

Sure we could get a couple more Rangers loanees in to boost the numbers, fill the bench then not play. Tony Weston is one of the most confusing loan signings in recent years. The wee guy must be choking to leave. Total waste of his time coming to Thistle and I imagine Rangers might think twice for future loans. Total embarrassment that Danny Mullen and Cammy Smith are more likely to get game time than Weston.

23 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

More cash in the war chest. Adding credence to the Ronaldo to Jags rumour.

Heard Ronaldo can't wait to get the World Cup out of the way to get started at Firhill.

He has been reported saying that becoming a Jag ill fulfill a life time ambition. What a guy!