Cove Rangers v Thistle

Albert's Ghost

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

How Cove weren't out of sight at half time was a minor miracle. We were clueless for virtually the whole game.

Found it rather amusing that Big Graham can tell the Jags supporters to **** off and hardly anyone gives a toss. Suppose that's a sign of someone who at least was caring. Don't believe Mr McCall would have got away with that quite so lightly.

Can you elaborate a wee bit? I’m guessing this was during the game.

Just now, MarciaBlaine said:

Can you elaborate a wee bit? I’m guessing this was during the game.

Yes during the 2nd half. Big Brian kinda lost it for a moment. Maybe reacting to  some comment but the **** off was directed to the Jags supporters behind the goal. Fans reaction was to give BG positive support but if another player had done the same I guess it would have been very different 

13 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Yes during the 2nd half. Big Brian kinda lost it for a moment. Maybe reacting to  some comment but the **** off was directed to the Jags supporters behind the goal. Fans reaction was to give BG positive support but if another player had done the same I guess it would have been very different 

BBG gives his all every game, so can understand why he got some slack.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kingleo said:

The goalie. One more goalie than that waster Cammy smith. What is the point of Cammy smith?  If I was as bad at my job as him I’d be sacked within the week

Can include Aiden Fitzpatrick as well , came on and went through the motions , absolutely no desire, didn’t chase back when he lost the ball , didn’t cover for his teammates.

Waste of a jersey .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Can include Aiden Fitzpatrick as well , came on and went through the motions , absolutely no desire, didn’t chase back when he lost the ball , didn’t cover for his teammates.

Waste of a jersey .

Should try and punt him out on loan in January to a lower league club. Needs a wake up call but I doubt he’s listening. If he can’t start games with no Tiffoney available he’s destined for the lower leagues anyway. 

Defence has No protection from the midfield because their hopeless with no confidence nor belief in themselves. Don't appear to have a right back all the opposition have to do is cross the ball from the left over the centre to the righthand side then just score. McCall killed our season with the Falkirk game where he publicly announced he didn't care for that competition. we have never been the same since. Thistle playing with a "Backyann" this is how far we have fallen. Must avoid relegation at all costs. Feel now Owen would laugh in our faces if we chapped QPs door.  

13 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

No. What he actually said, because he said it right in front of us, was "shut your f....ng*mouth" - to a guy who'd been giving the players dogs abuse. I thought it was fair comment from Brian actually.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Jagzfan said:

No. What he actually said, because he said it right in front of us, was "shut your f....ng*mouth" - to a guy who'd been giving the players dogs abuse. I thought it was fair comment from Brian actually.

Maybe the players should perform more on the park to make the fans 'shut their f****ng mouth' rather than letting their own mouths run off?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sabbath said:

Defence has No protection from the midfield because their hopeless with no confidence nor belief in themselves. Don't appear to have a right back all the opposition have to do is cross the ball from the left over the centre to the righthand side then just score. McCall killed our season with the Falkirk game where he publicly announced he didn't care for that competition. we have never been the same since. Thistle playing with a "Backyann" this is how far we have fallen. Must avoid relegation at all costs. Feel now Owen would laugh in our faces if we chapped QPs door.  

As a long time supporter of IMC the continuing poor form is a concern. The recent poor results I put down to the injury problems of Graham, Docherty etc as is also the case at ICT.  However I expect results to improve when all our injured players are fit. I hope performances improve as well..

I have not been a supporter of having Archibald back at the club which I think was a mistake. I aamalso disappointed IMC has not sorted out Fitzpatrick. His continuing indifference and lack of effort is not acceptable.

We are now becoming detached from the leading group and play off places and the big worry is that we will have too much ground to make up after January.

Although I support IMC I also accept the current situation cannot go on without something changing. Heaven forbid that we try to  replace him with Owen Coyle. Afraid I just don't take to this man at all. Let him stay at QP.

28 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

As a long time supporter of IMC the continuing poor form is a concern. The recent poor results I put down to the injury problems of Graham, Docherty etc as is also the case at ICT.  However I expect results to improve when all our injured players are fit. I hope performances improve as well..

I have not been a supporter of having Archibald back at the club which I think was a mistake. I aamalso disappointed IMC has not sorted out Fitzpatrick. His continuing indifference and lack of effort is not acceptable.

We are now becoming detached from the leading group and play off places and the big worry is that we will have too much ground to make up after January.

Although I support IMC I also accept the current situation cannot go on without something changing. Heaven forbid that we try to  replace him with Owen Coyle. Afraid I just don't take to this man at all. Let him stay at QP.

I wouldn't think Owen would be interested in the Thistle job. The club are becoming toxic to anyone who might want a managerial job.

I am going to be the grinch here.  Firstly well done on goal Jamie but the score and performance are not to be lauded.  Have we sank so low so quickly to be doing mini pitch invasions to celebrate a draw in Cove?

The club is rotten on and off the pitch at the moment and as for Brian I would say just like Foster last season we have an other experienced player who should be doing his talking on the park.  Fans spent good money yesterday and travelled a bit and at this time of year so of course there will be frustration in the terraces watching that guff.

humbug.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

I too supported McCall, however I saw one flaw which is that it takes him time to build a team - he's not the kind of manager who immediately turns things round.   I never realised that this would mean that when we have a lot of players injured, we would be back to square one again.  I accept form will dip in these circumstances but our form plummeted.  Even with the players missing we should have picked up the odd point (in our long run of defeats) and shown more fight. We shouldn't have been shipping barrowloads of goals.  I don't believe the board will sack him soon though, so we have to hope players get back soon and bring some good form with them. 

The manager by his own admission says we are not playing well, says injuries have cost us ( thereby admitting the great squad is so great after all ) and implies all will be well once we get the 4/5 back. If we don’t win our next two games the season is basically a struggle for the play offs. Which is nit good enough.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

How Cove weren't out of sight at half time was a minor miracle. We were clueless for virtually the whole game.

Found it rather amusing that Big Graham can tell the Jags supporters to **** off and hardly anyone gives a toss. Suppose that's a sign of someone who at least was caring. Don't believe Mr McCall would have got away with that quite so lightly.

2 hours ago, Jagzfan said:

Aye, the guy shouted out that the player(s) have no pride. 

2 hours ago, Jagzfan said:

That makes more sense. I'd make a lousy witness in a court case.:). I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't say I would most likely react in the same way as BG. It's still a dangerous territory to enter but it does highlight his commitment to the Jags.

12 minutes ago, Mr Bunny said:

I too supported McCall, however I saw one flaw which is that it takes him time to build a team - he's not the kind of manager who immediately turns things round.   I never realised that this would mean that when we have a lot of players injured, we would be back to square one again.  I accept form will dip in these circumstances but our form plummeted.  Even with the players missing we should have picked up the odd point (in our long run of defeats) and shown more fight. We shouldn't have been shipping barrowloads of goals.  I don't believe the board will sack him soon though, so we have to hope players get back soon and bring some good form with them. 

McCall is no stranger to the media and we all know being tight lipped isn't exactly in his character. I'll better leave it at that.

Will take a few more rounds of games in the division to perhaps establish ourselves as a safe mid table team.  Actually the more we appear unlikely to reach the play offs at both ends of the table the less urgency to replace McCall. The less urgency, the less pay offs. The less in pay offs, the better the player budget.

I still believe shunting McCall sideways is possibly the best approach to take. It is clear tho' without a new head coach it's unlikely we'll make much progress.