Apathy?

Jaggernaut

I can't remember the board being so lacking in posts, about the teams just now, the stadium. prospects, history, or even future.

Is it due to the approach of Christmas? The 3BCs' affair? The fact that we're currently outside the play-off spots but also relatively safe from relegation?

Or are people just getting up with football?

The reactions of (especially) younger fans to Sneddon's goal on Saturday show the real passion among the travelling support. Nobody will deny it was a terrific moment.

But what about the older generation? "Battle fatigue?"

Or is is that other online outlets are taking over from this one?

Edited by Jaggernaut

17 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I was going to reply, but not sure I can be bothered.

I have long argued that its apathy that kills Football Clubs - even more so these days -when there are so many things competing for Peoples Time & Money 

I honestly believe that the shenanigans Off the Park are impacting on peoples connection to the Club - we are neither a Fan Owned Club in any recognizable format - nor a Director owned Club- where people put in there own Money  

That then leaves a lack of Direction & Vision 

The Board was recruited by the previous owner ( 3BC ) but we have a different owner - yet for some strange reason the New Owner ( PTFC Trust ) seems to think that they have to ask permission to have a couple of Directors on the Board-  and that the Current Board is so skilled- that they all deserve to remain in place ( despite the £250K Trading loss ) bottom line is that the PTFC Trust can replace anyone they wish - they own the Club ( or most of it ) 

So the Club is stuck - its not going anywhere - on the Park or Off it - Nett Result - disinterest & apathy  

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, MarciaBlaine said:

Careful @Jordanhill Jag. You’ll get your knuckles rapped if you don’t call them the PTFC Trust

Or the Peoples Front of Judea :thinking: or is it the Judean Popular Front :thinking: or the Judean Peoples Front :white_flag:

To be honest - like most Fans -  im fed up  - when Directors are cracking Jokes about Fans protesting - rather than trying to engage and find a solution - then frankly - what is the point 

I think that the real problem is on the pitch. The season started with high expectations that we would be competing near the sharp end, but by the start of December we are already in mid table mediocrity, we’ll clear of Arbroath and Hamilton, but drifting further from the playoffs every week. It is as if the games hardly matter, and nobody (board, owners or management) seem to be in the slightest bit bothered. I know they have other matters to deal with off the pitch, but it doesn’t have me whooping with excitement at the thought of the next game.

13 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Or the Peoples Front of Judea :thinking: or is it the Judean Popular Front :thinking: or the Judean Peoples Front :white_flag:

To be honest - like most Fans -  im fed up  - when Directors are cracking Jokes about Fans protesting - rather than trying to engage and find a solution - then frankly - what is the point 

What is the point of Alan Rough at our Club exactly.

• Like 1

I think Jaggernaut makes a reasonable observation in his initial post on this thread.

The older generation  -  and I am very much of that ilk  -  seem to have become increasingly disengaged from the current situation at the club (or at least a large proportion of the older generation seem to have).   This apathy is perhaps scarcely surprising given the current footballing and governance situation could be seen as being no better/no worse than some of the fiascos that have embroiled the club in the past 30-40 years. Indeed the current situation - certainly as regards league position is probably very average over the past 50 seasons. It might be easy, therefore, for a "seen it all before" mentality to emerge and for these seniors to withdraw from involvement in the discussion. 

Of course in the past the primary way to get your voice heard was to stand outside the ground after the game and chant "Sack The Board" - or some other such ditty - and then disperse for another week to ruminate on the result and turn up more in hope than expectation the following game. Nowadays - and indeed I am doing it now - it is far easier to vent your spleen instantly and expansively across a multitude of social media in order to get your point across - and this might not be the favoured approach of an older - and some might say - more cynical follower.

This is in no way to decry the strongly felt frustrations and angst felt by any Jags fan at the moment - old or young - but it might perhaps explain why there might be the perception of a generation gap in their respective reactions.  

I sense if the Board hope to ride the storm they will be relying heavily on a combination of apathy and ignorance amongst some of the support. By saying that I'm only meaning apathy & ignorance amongst things pertaining to PTFC. A combination of Covid restrictions, the ensuing inflation, mortgage rates and travel difficulties are a perfect storm re taking your eye off the ball re goings on at Firhill. Certainly to many the latter will appear insignificant. 

On the positive side the growth of TJF with its openness and communicational abilities is countering fan apathy and ignorance re PTFC most effectively. Also if Saturday's songs and chants are anything to go by Jacqui & the Board will be in for a rough ride next home match.  

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

2 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

For a number of months i was unable to get onto the forum it came up 'web server 520 error code', if it wasn't for the help of @BowenBoys and @partickthedog i would still be unable to get on. This could be a reason that others have not posted.

I don't post a lot but have had PC troubles the last few days.

Can't believe what's happened and hope we can move on in a positive way.

14 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

For a number of months i was unable to get onto the forum it came up 'web server 520 error code', if it wasn't for the help of @BowenBoys and @partickthedog i would still be unable to get on. This could be a reason that others have not posted.

This is actually a message to Admin. I know of a friend who previously was able to sign on to the site and make posts. Due to laptop problems he lost that ability.

He has tried to sign up as a new member but is hit with messages such as -"Error for site owner - invalid domain for site key" "You did not pass the security check - Please try again" - "Your answer to the challenge question was not valid -Please try again".

He has e-mailed Admin. on 3 or 4 occasions and receives an instant computer generated acknowledgment, but nothing thereafter.

He is not a Facebook orTwitter user.

Maybe there are others in the same boat?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Paddy Thistle said:

This is actually a message to Admin. I know of a friend who previously was able to sign on to the site and make posts. Due to laptop problems he lost that ability.

He has tried to sign up as a new member but is hit with messages such as -"Error for site owner - invalid domain for site key" "You did not pass the security check - Please try again" - "Your answer to the challenge question was not valid -Please try again".

He has e-mailed Admin. on 3 or 4 occasions and receives an instant computer generated acknowledgment, but nothing thereafter.

The bit in bold is strange. I've not received any emails or aware of a generic acknowledgement. I'll look into that. 

Last time I checked there wasn't any new members awaiting approval. I'll double check that too. There's no email sent to me when there is which is problematic. It relies on me doing peoridic checks which given my lack of attention isn't ideal. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Paddy Thistle said:

Update

I don't see anyone waiting for approval other than some cleatly dodgy ones dating back to 2020. 

What was there original username. I might be able to do something with that. 

PM if you prefer. I'm not working today so there is a chance it will be actioned. 

4 hours ago, admin said:

Update

I don't see anyone waiting for approval other than some cleatly dodgy ones dating back to 2020. 

What was there original username. I might be able to do something with that. 

PM if you prefer. I'm not working today so there is a chance it will be actioned. 

QXBoy

E-mails -26/11/21 - 30/12/21 - 29/07/22