Thistle v Ayr, Saturday 17th December

thebiglemon

Great team win there and too many good performances to choose.  Milne is so good in his tackling and charging forward.  Turner was immense.  Fitzy showing off the talent and swagger that made him so exciting in his first spell.

Lets hope this is the start of a major forward push, on the pitch and off.

• Like 2

Big win and thoroughly deserved. Should have been more comfortable. Apart from their two well struck goals, not brilliantly defended by us, I recall Sneddon having only one important (big) save to make in the game at 2.2. We really need to make more of our chances and put teams to the sword when we’re on top - but … we’ve just deservedly  beaten the team at the top of the league. Without Docherty, Holt and Tiffoney. Hopefully we can build on this.

My first game since ending my self imposed boycott now that the wicked witch and her lickspittles have left.

Really enjoyable game and I thought we played some good stuff at times. Held on well at the end.

Bunch of whiny wee bitches that play for Ayr United. Thought some of them were going to burst into tears at the final whistle. Lol.

A feisty game, great entertainment and a well-deserved win. In the first half, Ayr scored a phenomenal goal but otherwise it was a mystery how they were top of the League. They improved considerably in the second half and scored another brilliant goal but we defended pretty well and were much more incisive in attack.  Harry Milne was excellent and I would like to credit him with the second goal though I am not sure the ball was over the line before Graham's unnecessary touch - I had no idea why the Ayr keeper in particular went mental but thanks to Mr Camallain's usual fine work, it does look as if BBG was offside.

Turner did well with two more assists and Banzo played calm and clever passes as well as repeatedly stealing the ball from big Akenyemi. However our lack of a midfield ball-winner was again obvious - MacKinnon was touted as an outstanding talent but I'm struggling to see any particular assets and he may be added to a long line of ineffective Old Firm loanees.

McGinty was a lucky boy to stay on with a clear foul, trying to wrestle and then aggressively thrusting his head at Graham - Docherty & Cardle saw red in the cup tie for far less.

Highlights were Kingsley telling Bullen to gtf when they were on the pitch after the half-time whistle and a hirpling Fitzpatrick nutmegging Akinyemi.

Bit of a disappointing crowd...maybe the New Kids on the Block should hire a PR Guru to publicise our games otherwise there will be more calls of Sack the Board.

For the first 15 minutes or so i was ruing us putting the USH on. After that we came more into the game, made it 1-1 and then we created a number of chances. Turner should have scored on half time but from the resultant corner after it was cleared the ball was then put into the Ayr penalty area and Graham put us ahead,a goal that Ayr players disputed , not sure if they were claiming he was offside.Second half barely started and they make it 2-2, a goal i really think Sneddon should have done a lot more to try and stop. We then went 3-2 up with Lawless scoring and we held on even with the ref playing 7 minutes injury time. A very good result and overall a very good team performance. For me Turner and Fitzpatrick had good games, Lawless took his goal well and Milne fully deserved his motm award.