Brain Graham scores v Ayr United 17.12.2022

Camallain

Possibly- although I’m maybe stretching it a bit - if you freeze the video it might just be Graham is in line with Harry when he heads it? Certainly Brian isn’t standing on the goal line as Bullen claims.

Think it was going in without the need for Brian to knock it in … risky!

Anyway, we deserved to win! On another day we might have scored 4 or 5 :head_ball:

Edited by JAG1970

1 hour ago, jaggy said:

It's possible it was over the line before it hits him and that's why the goal stood

This is what I thought at the time - I had assumed it was a Milne goal. The fact that the ref discussed the goal with the lino suggests this to me also- I assume he asked whether the ball had already crossed when Graham touched it

55 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

This is what I thought at the time - I had assumed it was a Milne goal. The fact that the ref discussed the goal with the lino suggests this to me also- I assume he asked whether the ball had already crossed when Graham touched it

Pretty sure the BBC had Milne scoring a double but then changed it to BBG.

4 hours ago, jaggy said:

At the game from the far end of the JH I thought maybe Lawless was offside and it looks possible. Graham was maybe silly touching it, but not sure if it was more a case of it hitting him. It's possible it was over the line before it hits him and that's why the goal stood

I am inclined to agree with this.

Looking at the goal (courtesy of Camallain) my first impression was that Lawless could be offside. The keeper also thought this as he had his arm up claiming for offside before Lawless crossed to the far post.

It also looks to me that when Milne heads the ball Graham is just about level with him and is moving forward toward the goal line perhaps anticipating a rebound. I don't think he is offside at that point. Also, although the angle is not great, not a criticism of the recording, it looks like it's Milne's goal as the ball could be over the line before it hit Graham or he makes contact. At no point is Graham 'standing on the goal line'.

I think from the match stats we deserved to win the game and Bullen is just a bad loser. I suggests he tells his game analyst that he should go to specsavers!