January window

Big Dan

2 hours ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Remember Brownlie is like a new signing.  He's getting better and better after a slow and worrying start.

I'm not to stressed with the squad.  We have enough quality we just need the players on the pitch to perform to their highest ability.

This is why we've gotta hope that at least our cashflow will be robust enough to finance contract extensions. Brownlie like Aero & Holt are free to sign pre contracts elsewhere. Situation could be such that we need other players leaving this month just to finance centreback extensions, never mind other players. Market is so dead that players moving on and off our books won't be that likely.

2 hours ago, laukat said:

Whilst I have my doubts about the finances of club and particularly what surprises Jlow left behind I'm not sure McCall's comments are saying there definitely is a black hole.

McCall has a large squad going into the window so he was never going to add more without shifting others on. Ending Weston's loan won't save much, loaning out Stanway likewise. If Akinola's wage is destined for Hodson then he would still need to move someone out to get someone fresh in.

Looking at the other clubs in the league they are arguably in a worse state. Most other clubs are more dependent on loans than we are and now finding those loans are being terminated. Ayr have just lost Chalmers and Young, Dundee have lost Robinson, Raith have lost O'Riordan and Cove have lost a few.

So whilst its possible we come out of the window with less numbers we might come out in a better place because other clubs have lost more.

Also reckon that now clubs like Ayr have lost loans they will need to look for replacements. That might mean they take players otherwise destined for league 1 and in turn league 1 clubs look at guys like Cammy Smith. If Smiths goes hopefully that frees up enough for a central defender as that's really all we need as it would free up Murihead and Hodson to cover midfield.

This window has been really strange so far across Scottish clubs. Looks like clubs have no money and the player pool to pick from is much smaller and poorer due to Brexit. Any club requiring a lot of players in this window might well end up bringing in a lot of duds. (for example Morton just signed Ally Roy)

However we really need to get Sneddon, Holt, Docherty, Turner and Tiffoney on longer deals. Trying to replace them with the market being so poor is going to be very difficult even in the summer.

Queens Park have also lost the lad Boeteng who was outstanding against us which is a blow for them.

Sadly I don’t think Smith will be going anywhere- he has expressed no interest in going and seems content to pick up a wage.  
I don’t know if it’s rubbish but someone posted on Facebook that Archie didn’t want Smith to leave because of the family connection- but I honestly have no idea if there is a shred of truth in that

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Queens Park have also lost the lad Boeteng who was outstanding against us which is a blow for them.

Unfortunately, that's a different Boateng, Malachi Boateng is still with them and playing well. 

Edited by G SUS

I must say that  as a member of TJF I'm very pleased at the donation - however much it is, to the club's player budget. I'm also pleased with TJF sponsoring matches including the upcoming Scottish Cup tie.

Ever since the previous board buggered off, supporting the Jags has become pleasurable again.

C'mon the Jags!!

• Like 4

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/club-responds-to-the-jags-foundations-financial-contribution/

Details here

Old Board: "We don't need the money"

New Board: "Yes please.  We appreciate everything we can get."

She who must not be named shown up to be the total zoomer that we all know she became.

Edited by Lambies Lost Doo
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, eljaggo said:

Hope there is something in return for TJF for their contribution.

I'm getting a mass amount of satisfaction that my monthly contribution has pooled with other fans to make a sizeable contribution to the club to help the first team.  That's my return.

On the bigger stage it shows club board that TJF have money to help and it improves trust and communication.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

If the list of ins and outs on the BBC page is to be believed, then there aren't many new players joining any of the squads in our division, at least so far.

There aren't. Arbroath got a few in, Cove maybe one or two and Morton with a couple are the ones that spring to mind. Dundee added one.

Don't suppose many of us will be too excited about this re-signing but I feel most teams at our level require a versatile player within the squad. Think Hodson is reasonable enough from a defensive point of view. Considering his involvement in a game his disciplinary record is excellent, which makes him reliable.

19 hours ago, jagfox said:

I would assume the TJF member on the board and the other appointees influenced this decision.

I was thinking more along the lines of a transfer of shares to TJF to the value of TJF's contributions to the Club.  But perhaps that's too radical for some. 

We have the money and income they have shares but neither money nor income.

1 hour ago, eljaggo said:

I was thinking more along the lines of a transfer of shares to TJF to the value of TJF's contributions to the Club.  But perhaps that's too radical for some. 

Nor sure if that is even possible at the moment due to the terms that the shares were handed over to the Trust?

May be costly in terms of legal work even if there was a will to do so by PTFC Trust?

The TJF seem to be having an influence without shares for now. The Jags Trust have shares but you barely hear a peep from them although I understand they still donate to the club.

2 hours ago, eljaggo said:

They do have income, from sponsors, gate receipts, hospitality etc. Probably significantly more than TJF