January window

Big Dan

Yes you can.  You must have a short memory.  They were the placemen of Jacqui Low, were gifted the shares, and broght nothing from the Trust as was.  Why I can remember the old days when TJF were gagging to own PTFC shares.  They even asked Low for them, and being refused pledged to play the long gme.

57 minutes ago, jaggymct said:

That’s Tunji Akinola away .. wonder if we will be able to get someone else in?

shame as I liked him as a player until his form dropped off 

Agree with this. Promising start but it was fairly obvious he just wasn't good enough at our current level. I'm still fairly hopeful we will get one or two in ( based on the rangers tie income ), but if our finances make that not possible, just have to hope we have a decent run re few injuries to key players. Luck will be a factor. 

1 hour ago, jaggymct said:

That’s Tunji Akinola away .. wonder if we will be able to get someone else in?

shame as I liked him as a player until his form dropped off 

Always a strange one.  Looked a player and this week last year got a red v Airdrie and just went to shit afters even though his red did not cost us.  All the best in next venture.

I was really happy when Tunji extended his contract, but as others have mentioned after the red against Airdrie he was a shadow of the player he was. Hope he manages to get another club and get his career back on track. Think he will go back to England. All  the best Tunji wherever you end up.

With regard to the January window, i am not sure if there is any player/players we could sign that is going to make a big difference and improve our chances for play off/promotion. The best option might be to extend the contracts of the players we already have that are out of contract at the end of the season. Any money left over could go into the pot for next season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

I was really happy when Tunji extended his contract, but as others have mentioned after the red against Airdrie he was a shadow of the player he was. Hope he manages to get another club and get his career back on track. Think he will go back to England. All  the best Tunji wherever you end up.

With regard to the January window, i am not sure if there is any player/players we could sign that is going to make a big difference and improve our chances for play off/promotion. The best option might be to extend the contracts of the players we already have that are out of contract at the end of the season. Any money left over could go into the pot for next season.

Agree with you AJ about contract extensions needing done.

Howevrr disagree about needing more players in.  We were rumoured to be trying to sign Shaw and should be going for him with the money from the Scottish cup tie.

Graham is injured and that leaves Dowds and Mullen.  I can’t actually remember when Dowds last scored but neither are hugely prolific and of one of them got injured we would be in no red difficulty.  Shaw has produced a decent return on goals at championship level last year and would improve our chances 

Edited by Third Lanark

Olatunji was a nice lad. Shame how things have panned out. Hopefully he can get back to playing at some level, closer to home, if that's what he wants to do.

At least we don't need to replace a player who wasn't getting much, if any game time this season.

Edited by jagfox

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Agree with you AJ about contract extensions needing done.

Howevrr disagree about needing more players in.  We were rumoured to be trying to sign Shaw and should be going for him with the money from the Scottish cup tie.

Graham is injured and that leaves Dowds and Mullen.  I can’t actually remember when Dowds last scored but neither are hugely prolific and of one of them got injured we would be in no red difficulty.  Shaw has produced a decent return on goals at championship level last year and would improve our chances 

How @Third Lanark hope all is well with you and the family.

The problem i have with the January window is who do we get. For me most players who are only coming until the end of the season rarely make any real impact. On the other hand if we sign somebody for at least 18months they should feel more committed to the club and have a bigger impact than if they were just staying until the end of this season. It also depends on the players attitude as well. 

46 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Is he not 25 ? I didn't think there were development fees for over 21

Developments fees are awarded between the ages of 12th and 23rd birthday. 

Screenshot_20230126_073956_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5001a4046755c25575697d3cd1296120.jpg

Looks like £72,000 going by that guide, based on the agreed fee. These and any other sell-ons will be divided up by the selling club, I presume.

Edited by jagfox

11 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Developments fees are awarded between the ages of 12th and 23rd birthday. 

Screenshot_20230126_073956_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5001a4046755c25575697d3cd1296120.jpg

Looks nearer £80000 going by that guide.

Every days's a school day !

Looks like this is a Solidarity Payment (rather than a development fee which is for free transfers in country). Because this is an International Transfer, to England, there is a fund split between the development clubs. 

https://www.parsalaw.com/fifa-player-transfers

My reading is that if Kevin now moves onto Real Madrid for a whopping sum, we get a fair wedge of that, but if he goes to Man City for the same amount we get zilch as that is not an International transfer. Also note that Thistle will only get £48k and the Weir Academy get £24k, according to your table above

In a way the best thing we did for Kevin was releasing him. Incredible turnaround. However we did release a player well schooled. His positional sense off the ball was excellent for a youngster. Tho' never that pacey he wasn't slow off the mark for a big lad and his hold up play very good. Sadly for us his obvious skills playing for the U20s/Reserves never really transferred into the first team and he didn't make the most of his loan spells. We certainly deserve a training fee as he learned a lot at Firhill.

26 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Every days's a school day !

Looks like this is a Solidarity Payment (rather than a development fee which is for free transfers in country). Because this is an International Transfer, to England, there is a fund split between the development clubs. 

https://www.parsalaw.com/fifa-player-transfers

My reading is that if Kevin now moves onto Real Madrid for a whopping sum, we get a fair wedge of that, but if he goes to Man City for the same amount we get zilch as that is not an International transfer. Also note that Thistle will only get £48k and the Weir Academy get £24k, according to your table above

Also doesn't include his loan/s at Ayr.

This will end up costing us 😂

45 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

What about Raith Rovers?

They are in the list in Jagfox's post. It is the loan to Ayr that are missing, which will reduce our cut of the pie.

Unless you mean a £100m move from Millwall to Raith (rather than Real Madrid) at some point in the future ? I think that would be an international transfer and therefore we would get a cut.

We must have got something when Ross Stewart moved from County to Sunderland.