Dunfermline in the cup

Albert's Ghost

1 hour ago, CotterJag said:

We all know who'll get the lowest ranked team in the Cup in the draw. Most likely at home, as the capacity is too small at their grounds.

It's at this time that we get an away tie in the north east, so expect Aberdeen or Dundee United.

A home tie versus any beatable team or away to Celtic or Rangers would do for me though.

No chance of that the winner of that tie will be a shoe in for a visit to Ibrox or maybe even Celtic Park?

32 minutes ago, stillresigned said:

No chance of that the winner of that tie will be a shoe in for a visit to Ibrox or maybe even Celtic Park?

Agree stillresigned, I just didn't phrase it too well.

Rangers usually get the lowest ranked team from what I can tell and maths cannot explain how Rangers and Celtic avoid each other until the semis or final.

Us versus The Drum is fantasy land.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CotterJag said:

We all know who'll get the lowest ranked team in the Cup in the draw. Most likely at home, as the capacity is too small at their grounds.

It's at this time that we get an away tie in the north east, so expect Aberdeen or Dundee United.

A home tie versus any beatable team or away to Celtic or Rangers would do for me though.

Agree Dundee Utd away it will be.

4 hours ago, JAG1970 said:

Should have started with the penalty shoot out and let us away early!

Now that would be interesting: If the home team (for example)  could demand a PK shoot-out immediately!

Shouldn't there be more "tactics" like that mentioned above, to spice things up, at least in the SC?

(We're gonna get slaughtered, so let's play our Joker......)

21 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

The penalties on the other hand was a masterclass from Thistle. 4 Well taken penalties from us and a good save from Sneddon to deny them, think his moving about on the line also put off the first taker and his hit the bar and went over. Onwards to the next round.  

At least Dunfermline went home with the winnings from the Crossbar Challenge

5 minutes ago, mulguy jag said:

How many tickets do folks think will be allocated to thistle?

According to rules we are entitled to up to 20% of the capacity (section 29) 

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/5364/scottish-cup-rules-for-2019-20.pdf

(This was from several years ago but I can't imagine it's changed)

Edited by dpj

7 hours ago, JAG1970 said:

I’d be happy with an away tie against either of the ugly sisters for the money, can’t see this team going far in the cup.

My wish came true.. allows IMC to strength this month.. Wonder how much it’s worth to us and how much will go to IMC and how much might be needed to plug any gap in this season’s finances…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

My wish came true.. allows IMC to strength this month.. Wonder how much it’s worth to us and how much will go to IMC and how much might be needed to plug any gap in this season’s finances…

Im the same.  However someone suggested that PTFC Trust could use a cop out by saying they dont get the money until day of the game and transfer window is finished then.

I think if they use that excuse then there will be a lot of unhappy fans