Scottish cup draw

I am happy with this draw. If we win my Rangers supporter friend will say, when we meet, "i dont want to talk about football"!  With a big smile I will say OK! If wevpose we still get lots of dosh!

Seriously though we will be rank outsiders for this tie but I think it depends on which teams turns up.

Rangers have been steadier since Beale but hardly impressive. We have been blowing hot and cold. If  a hot Partick Thistle turn up playing against an unimpressive Rangers it will make for an interesting cup tie.

I imagine the Gers were shaking in their shoes when they drew the Maryill Magyars!

Not sure what allocations of tickets we get for a cup tie                          wether it's 1800 for the corner  or as last time in cup 3000             would definitely love to see us with a big support  to let them know we are alive and kicking .

13 hours ago, stillresigned said:

Indeed we were one of many I can recall. 1979 any one?

i was at both of the 1979 games and in addition to the infamous decision not to give a perfectly legitimate Jags goal I also recall Jim Melrose making an awful decision which led to a corner and not a certain Jags goal which I think would have been the winning goal!

Bearing in on the near post  with Somner completely unmarked in the centre of the 6 yard box and the goal completely open  - the keeper (Kennedy) and the defender (Forsyth) both drawn to the near post-  Melsose from an impossibly tight angle went for glory when he should have cut the ball back to Somner .. So our failure to reach the final wasn't just about the referee!

The Jags were great in both games and could hsve won both.

I don't think I have ever forgiven Melrose for what was a very poor and selfish decision.

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Will VAR be used for the first time in a Thistle game ?

As much as I'm all for advancing the game I'm not sure we need another method of giving penalties to Sevco.

We have gone from 'who's the Mason in the black?' to 'Who's the Mason in the black and which lodge is making the VAR decisions?'

• Like 1