Rangers Vs Partick Thistle - Sunday 12 February

jagfox

Just seen this on Beeb website:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Former SPFL referee Steve Conroy insists it is "ludicrous" that Celtic and Rangers' Scottish Cup matches will be the only ones using VAR this weekend.

What could possibly go wrong??🤭

22 hours ago, The Legend Blows said:

Looking like a low crowd according my Rangers ST chum. Lack of interest, on TV, rubbish KO time. Said he'd eat his hat if my guess of 33,333 was correct. He thinks nearer the low 20,000's with sections not getting opened.

Maybe not the payday we'd hoped for but he could be wrong. 

I can also see the place being packed to the rafters, but the thieving cheats declaring an official attendance of 20,000 and them nicking the share of the revenue that should be coming our way. 

23 minutes ago, Colognejag said:

Rangers website shows seat map of tickets available for home fans. Although the stand at our end does not have tickets available yet all three other stands have limited availability. Looks a lot more than 20,000 home tickets sold.

Most Rangers fans at my work say will easily be over 30,000 there.  Granted not all of the stands will be open.  They say that a lot of tickets will be bought, a number of those bought will be in the pub and miss the game they say but the ticket has already been bought so Thistle and Rangers will have got the income regardless of whether the person has turned up or not

2 hours ago, JAGSMAN1968 said:

Just seen this on Beeb website:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Former SPFL referee Steve Conroy insists it is "ludicrous" that Celtic and Rangers' Scottish Cup matches will be the only ones using VAR this weekend.

What could possibly go wrong??🤭

Seemingly if the ground has VAR and the game is live on tv VAR has to be used. David Martindale saying it is not worth while Livingston using it in their game against ICT.

52 minutes ago, stillresigned said:

I honestly can’t see us getting anything against this mob on Sunday. Just to make sure there’s no chance of a shock, the SFA are ensuring that VAR will be used and considering Rangers tend not to have decisions go against them it’ll be a shock of ‘71 proportions if we were to get a result.

Just imagine the 'injury time' as well if they aren't winning after 90 mins.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, westertonjagfan said:

Me and my boy are heading to Firhill for the hospitality and then the bus to the game and back. Can't say I'm looking forward to it. However, my son has convinced me that this time we're going to beat them so we MUST be there.

It's the same sentiment, before the Cove game, that drove me to action as well.

I couldn't bear it (no pun intended), if we beat them and I missed it.

A win on penalties please.

27 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

Just checked on Jagzone to see if we were getting any words of wisdom from our management team, Zilch, nothing, ......

The game isn’t until Sunday and the squad will be training tomorrow so I imagine all previews will be published tomorrow.