McCall Sacked

elevenone

It’s the correct decision. Poor recruitment having been backed financially, conceding the title after the last game and then not giving a monkeys about today’s cup tie.

If people are brutally honest, the bulk of this season has been honking, especially the last 2 league games. Things had gone stale.

My guess is this was already planned well in advance.  From a hiring perspective, keeping them on and giving them more chances based off todays result would be an example of recency bias - the larger body of work is what it should be based on.

“Momentum” May be a sports world thing, but it can’t be a staffing thing.

14 minutes ago, Aberdeenjag said:

Don't get that. What is the timing all about? 

Doesn't feel right to me although there have been plenty online wanting rid of the mgt team.

On the back of a good performance against the dirty mob and with our injury worries looking to have eased, this seems daft.

The timing is totally bizarre, let the fans enjoy their day although we definitely need change .

3 minutes ago, Big Col said:

It’s the correct decision. Poor recruitment having been backed financially, conceding the title after the last game and then not giving a monkeys about today’s cup tie.

If people are brutally honest, the bulk of this season has been honking, especially the last 2 league games. Things had gone stale.

This decision wasn't taken today - the Board or whoever is taking these decisions were anticipating a 5-0 horsing under which they could have covered themselves.

Whatever McCall's deficiencies, the manner of this does not do the club any favours at all.

• Like 2

Just now, westertonjagfan said:

I was at hospitality today and McCall was on good form with the crowd. Most folk I chatted to were as fed up as I was after the last few games but were expecting McCall to stay until at least the end of the season. 

yep, me too. McCall and Britton too, on good form. Most strange. Think the 💩is about to hit the fan. 

14 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Be honest Big Col - have you been approached??

• Haha 1

I think this indicates all is not well financially. Urgently need statement from the club on if finances are dire and drove this decision or if it was purely down to results this season.

Putting Doolan in temporary charge also has the feeling of a club needing good fans on board to circle the financial Wagons.