McCall Sacked

elevenone

Mr Motivator and his two pigeons were never going to get promotion. We may be a point off the playoffs but another bad run from the playoffs at the other end. McCall and his Doo`s should have been shown the door after capitulation at the hands of Falkirk.

What was the game plan for sacking McCall after the H*ns game?. Beat the h*ns and your jobs Safe???. we couldn't beat Cove or Hamilton so why wait till this game to give McCall his jotters????. Dools thrown into this shambles beggars belief. It clearly screams out "Bring a fans favourite back to pacify the plebs". What is the game plan, what is the long term aim and ambition for our club????????????????

Just now, jagfox said:

No team in fourth place has even got past the third team in the Championship playoffs. Its really first or second to have a good chance of promotion. A target McCall set himself.

6 points off Second? With a long time to go and good players returning from injury. McCall deserved until the end of the season.
I’m quite pissed off about this to be honest, handled terribly for someone who has done nothing but give our club his best.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

We are one point off the play offs ? 

And we were top of the table at one point. Now 5th.

I’m assuming by you avoiding answering my question that you weren’t at the last two league games and therefore didn’t see how poor the team played. And haven’t witnessed some of the other poor performances that have been all too common this season. If you had, you wouldn’t have been surprised with the decision.

• Like 1

Just now, sabbath said:

Mr Motivator and his two pigeons were never going to get promotion. We may be a point off the playoffs but another bad run from the playoffs at the other end. McCall and his Doo`s should have been shown the door after capitulation at the hands of Falkirk.

What was the game plan for sacking McCall after the H*ns game?. Beat the h*ns and your jobs Safe???. we couldn't beat Cove or Hamilton so why wait till this game to give McCall his jotters????. Dools thrown into this shambles beggars belief. It clearly screams out "Bring a fans favourite back to pacify the plebs". What is the game plan, what is the long term aim and ambition for our club????????????????

Why get Rid of McCall then? Stupidity Imo. We still could have made the play offs quite easily.. Stability is what we need not a interim manager. Also if we made the play offs and lost and let McCall go then he could have left with some respect.

So we have an announcement that has taken everyone by surprise, has limited sense behind it and certainly no long term plan, has been poorly communicated and has clearly caught TJF by surprise.

We also have a board that contains 2 PTFC Trust members who have form for this sort of thing

Why are these guys in charge? Who decided that Richard Bestall and Fergus MacLennan should have the power to make these decisions?

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

No he is not - he was as shocked as anyone -and is gutted 

Thank you Jim for providing some clarity and helps put to bed some of the rumour mongering. It’s a damning indictment of the appalling lack of communication from PTFCTRUST that you are having to post the true story of what’s happened.

People will have different opinions in his role with us.  But he definitely cared for this club and on 2 occasions left us a lot stronger that what he inherited from Campbell first time around and Caldwell second time around.

He did not deserve this announcement at all today 

• Like 6

Just now, laukat said:

So we have an announcement that has taken everyone by surprise, has limited sense behind it and certainly no long term plan, has been poorly communicated and has clearly caught TJF by surprise.

We also have a board that contains 2 PTFC Trust members who have form for this sort of thing

Why are these guys in charge? Who decided that Richard Bestall and Fergus MacLennan should have the power to make these decisions?

Out of likes but completely agree

The team this season is much improved than last.  Attacking full backs, 4-3-3, bit more spark with Lawless.  We have been hit with injuries.

Feel we just needed a bit of magic signing in midfield & attack and we'd be up there with promotion team from 10 years ago.

McCall should have been given til end of season.  Disappointed he's gone.  A real Thistle man who was improving club each season.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Thank you Jim for providing some clarity and helps put to bed some of the rumour mongering. It’s a damning indictment of the appalling lack of communication from PTFCTRUST that you are having to post the true story of what’s happened.

People will have different opinions in his role with us.  But he definitely cared for this club and on 2 occasions left us a lot stronger that what he inherited from Campbell first time around and Caldwell second time around.

He did not deserve this announcement at all today 

Say what you want about McCall but he wanted the club to Succeed just as much as any of us. Last manager to bring in a player who made our club any money from a transfer fee, and I guarantee we get money from one of the players he has brought in. 

I’m genuinely gutted for him!

1 minute ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

The team this season is much improved than last.  Attacking full backs, 4-3-3, bit more spark with Lawless.  We have been hit with injuries.

Feel we just needed a bit of magic signing in midfield & attack and we'd be up there with promotion team from 10 years ago.

McCall should have been given til end of season.  Disappointed he's gone.  A real Thistle man who was improving club each season.

Mostly agree with this and rumours were that Michael O'Halloran was due to sign on loan. If he has a fraction of his old pace he could well have provided a bit of magic.

Still think McCall should have been able to get a result against a Cove team that had been hammered by everyone else considering he had pretty much a full squad to pick from.

Personally I would have let him run to the end of the season.  

2 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

Say what you want about McCall but he wanted the club to Succeed just as much as any of us. Last manager to bring in a player who made our club any money from a transfer fee, and I guarantee we get money from one of the players he has brought in. 

I’m genuinely gutted for him!

I agree completely and it’s my opinion that the money we got for his signings Gary Harkins and Marc Twaddle were able to be used to pay HMRC and keep the club afloat which was further indication of how much of a mess he inherited from Dick Shambles 

3 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I agree completely and it’s my opinion that the money we got for his signings Gary Harkins and Marc Twaddle were able to be used to pay HMRC and keep the club afloat which was further indication of how much of a mess he inherited from Dick Shambles 

McCall isn’t perfect by any means. But do I think on the next 2/3 years he would have got it right and we would get promoted? Yes I do.

And along the way I reckon we could have had Tiff on a new deal (sellable) and also Milne will go for a few quid in summer Imo. 

People think we deserve to be a Premier league club yet half our fans are absolute morons.

I said in another thread i thought that if we did not make play offs he should not be our manager next season. I now think with the upheaval off him being sacked we have no chance of that happening. Before i am asked yes i was at our last 2 home games (only missed one home game this season due to covid and that was the Dundee game) and yes we were dread full in those games. But that seems to be our way this season, either very good or very bad. Only time will tell how correct this decision was.

• Like 1