McCall Sacked

elevenone

9 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Yes we are …..quite a few people have been contacted for cash/investment 

I would bloody hope that the board would be doing that whether the finances are good or bad. I know there has been speculation, but that is all it is. As customers (perhaps shareholders if a member of the trust) we have no right to know anything outside the public annual accounts.

We may want to know, that is a different question, but the board are right to keep cards close to their chest and maintain any business advantage 

Edited by Dick Dastardly

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I would bloody hope that the board would be doing that whether the finances are good or bad. I know there has been speculation, but that is all it is. As customers (perhaps shareholders if a member of the trust) we have no right to know anything outside the public annual accounts.

We may want to know, that is a different question, but the board are right to keep cards close to their chest and maintain any business advantage 

What’s the business advantage exactly of keeping all this secret ?

we are asking people for cash because the finances are ‘drastic’…..

just imagine if we didn’t have the rangers game ….

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Out of interest, where does the ‘drastic’ reference come from?

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Suppose we are looking to sell a player. If the buying club know we are desperate, then they are likely to offer less. 

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I hold shares in several companies, not many, but I am a shareholder. as such, all I see is the annual report.  I don’t know why people expect a football club to be any different.

Probably because you aren’t the majority shareholder and they are companies specifically run to make you money not assets of community value to which you have a sentimental attachment and whose success is measured by things other than solely profit and profitability. You don’t go to bed at night dreaming of Tesco winning an award for its caterpillar cake.

30 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I was surprised by this ….

SPFL Championship
Form Guide
Points Last Six

Dundee 11
Queen's Park 10
Raith Rovers 10
Inverness CT 9
Partick Thistle 9
Ayr Utd 7
Hamilton 7
Arbroath 7
Morton 5
Cove Rangers 4

Surely our chief executive would be advising the board of facts like this and cautioning against knee jerk reactions ???

5 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Sounds like the board are getting jittery again similar to the post Kelty cup game.  A nothing statement.  I’m repeating myself, but the club is being run by the same CEO, the chair was involved in the previous board, both were aware of the financial situation at the club.  Yet they are able to make influence and lead the “new” board.  
I’d like to hear from TJF, whom I pay monthly subscriptions to.  I’m aware they be were not involved in any decision making, which I think is wrong.  

So reading this the board....whoever they are....didn't trust mccall and Co to get us promoted this year, presumably via the play offs. So they have paid them off from the rangers money, with the remainder going to clear off the debt. As many have said impossible to say if we are relying on doolan to do something remarkable, or there will be a new manager in place very soon. Looks like the former. No pressure dools.