McCall Sacked

elevenone

45 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Equally you don’t need to be a genius to notice that the new board have been looking at the finances in some detail. They are clearly more aware of the exact situation than anyone on here is and have concluded that the finances will support their decision and whatever they decide as the next step. I think they have done enough to trust them on the finances

From Memory the Thistle Trust were happy to take the shares and were happy with the Boards statement regards the Finances at the Time? - in addition the Chairman & the CEO were there under the previous Board - therefore ( and I repeat ) DESPITE the £275K we received from Rangers - there are STILL Significant Financial Challenges  - how are these only coming to light ?      

AR Stated the Rangers Money wiped out any Budget Shortfall ?  

So whilst a New Board - Two of the Members had detailed discussions at the Share Transfer & the Chairman & the CEO were part of the previous regime ?  

9 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

From Memory the Thistle Trust were happy to take the shares and were happy with the Boards statement regards the Finances at the Time? - in addition the Chairman & the CEO were there under the previous Board - therefore ( and I repeat ) DESPITE the £275K we received from Rangers - there are STILL Significant Financial Challenges  - how are these only coming to light ?      

So whilst a New Board - Two of the Members had detailed discussions at the Share Transfer & the Chairman & the CEO were part of the previous regime ?  

I accept that you can come to that conclusion from the statements at face value. However has this board at anytime taken any action that looks as if they are spending money they don’t have ?

10 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

You quote AR a lot, as if what he says is gospel. It may not be.

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I accept that you can come to that conclusion from the statements at face value. However has this board at anytime taken any action that looks as if they are spending money they don’t have ?

As yet the only thing that they have done that we are aware of is sack the management team ? 

I am of the belief that Ian McCall should not have sacked. As a 100% 'thistle man' he would , in my opinion, have made a perfect director of football (or somesuch ), finding talent and managing the day to day details of running a club.

Why not pair him with Kris doolan, another 'thistle man' through and through?

I realise that the very phrase 'a thistle man' is an anathema to many of my fellow jags. Why?0

Davie mcparland was the epitome of 'a thistle man' and I seem to remember that he did pretty well for us with nary of shred of managerial experience.

I'm an old fuddy duddy of 72 but I rather like 'thistle men' which is why I have chosen to surround myself with the species for 67 years now.

I hope like Davie mcp, young master doolan has just taken the first step towards legendary status mark ll.

• Like 2

Being pedantic, but McCall has not been sacked, but as stated "Partick Thistle FC have this evening relieved Ian McCall, Alan Archibald and Neil Scally, of their duties in relation to the first team with immediate effect."

I assume this is to stop the renewal of the 12 month rolling contract, initially. Also, doesn't mean a severance package won't be agreed but means the club don't need to pay out a lump sum at the moment.

1 hour ago, robphil said:

I am of the belief that Ian McCall should not have sacked. As a 100% 'thistle man' he would , in my opinion, have made a perfect director of football (or somesuch ), finding talent and managing the day to day details of running a club.

I realise that the very phrase 'a thistle man' is an anathema to many of my fellow jags. Why?0

Davie mcparland was the epitome of 'a thistle man' and I seem to remember that he did pretty well for us with nary of shred of managerial experience.

I'm an old fuddy duddy of 72 but I rather like 'thistle men' which is why I have chosen to surround myself with the species for 67 years now.

I hope like Davie mcp, young master doolan has just taken the first step towards legendary status mark ll.

When the board believe he has failed, why should they then reward him with a promotion. Whether he is a jags man or not, we need to get the best we can. Mediocrity is simply not good enough.

Being  a ' Thistle ' man doesn't mean you are up to the job. As McCall demonstrated he ultimately wasn't up to the expectations required. I have no doubt he loves the club, but it doesn't make him a ' Thistle ' man. Lambie loved Thistle, but he was a Rangers man.

I don't want to get into a lengthy discussion with others re the financial implications re McCall & Co no longer managing. Ideally tho' I go along with above.

I do tho' believe (and have said on many occasions) that McCall should have been destined to move sideways and head up the duties described in robphil's first para. All coaching, training and match time duties being the sole responsibility of a Head Coach. In no way am I suggesting the Head Coach would have to have been an ex Thistle player. Happy with Kris as he's qualified for the job and we find ourselves in any case in a situation where he's probably the best available.

The "jobs for the boys" argument is valid but rarely suggests specific alternatives.  

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

It obviously depends on how short term the board looks. Last 6 ICT form was 3rd in league whereas over last 4 they are worst. In both cases Hamilton are best.

I wouldn't say it is obvious, as it is a hypothetical situation.