McCall Sacked

elevenone

1 hour ago, jagfox said:

The decision was taken after the Cove game. That is fairly common knowledge.

So you are correct, but didn't need such a lot of deduction.

McCall was genuinely shocked so it wouldn't have been in place for any longer than the week before as things have a habit of leaking at football clubs.

As I stated, seems a member of current board didn't buy into what McCall was achieving. As did many fans. We move on.

Of course it did. You were questioning me - so I had to respond. Now, the board can do the same and tell us what their strategy is and how it will be achieved. If they have seen something in Doolan, that’s great - otherwise it will look like a piece of luck on their part if he stays in post. By the way, I hope he is an outstanding success.

I'm not too sure that an Interim Board will have much in the way of strategic planning. Looks to me that they felt compelled to sack McCall for footballing reasons. Apart from the actual timing his dismissal in comparative terms with other Scottish clubs was hardly a shock.

Perhaps purely financial reasons are a component but in any case because they are an Interim Board they may view the future management of the Club as strategic? Best left for the short term till there's a level of permanency about the Board.  If McCall & Co had resigned, I wouldn't be questioning the "Doolan till the end of the season" option. I'd be accepting the view that appointing a new manager was not the sort of decision an Interim Board should be making.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

3 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

It’s been mentioned that Scott McDonald has applied.  Like Doolan a complete professional and although a far far shorter timescale when he was with us conducted himself impeccably and gave his all for the club

Interesting.. He was an absolute stand out for us at a bad time. 100% commitment and a very talented and clever player. Worth a punt if it doesn’t go to Dools. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I'm not too sure that an Interim Board will have much in the way of strategic planning. Looks to me that they felt compelled to sack McCall for footballing reasons. Apart from the actual timing his dismissal in comparative terms with other Scottish clubs was hardly a shock.

Perhaps purely financial reasons are a component but in any case because they are an Interim Board they may view the future management of the Club as strategic? Best left for the short term till there's a level of permanency about the Board.  If McCall & Co had resigned, I wouldn't be questioning the "Doolan till the end of the season" option. I'd be accepting the view that appointing a new manager was not the sort of decision an Interim Board should be making.

Except of course their statement did say it was a strategic decision. In any case, I think I have made my views fairly clear. 

3 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

It’s been mentioned that Scott McDonald has applied.  Like Doolan a complete professional and although a far far shorter timescale when he was with us conducted himself impeccably and gave his all for the club

Scott was outstanding, he played for the shirt. Total professional.

Now a Scott & Kris combination could be very interesting indeed.

18 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

He is currently head coach of Gold Coast Knights in Queensland NPL.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dibble said:

Or maybe they think they should give him time to see how he does for rest of the season - that would be sensible 

More likely they have left it too late and sacking him now wouldn't make any difference. 5 points off playoffs having played a game more, but well clear of relegation.