McCall Sacked

elevenone

1 minute ago, Lenziejag said:

The point I was trying to make was that the rationale that Kris Doolan has more chance of achieving the objective of promotion than Ian McCall is cloud Cuckoo Cuckoo land. So they should come clean and tell us what has happened.

Ian McCall has said himself he had no chance. Doolan can’t have less chance than that

4 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

But that can’t be measured as we have no way of knowing how McCall would have done

Well ….McCall was supposed to get us first or second ….you would expect if Doolan doesn’t get into the play offs he has failed and at then you woukd ask yourself what was the point of sacking McCall 

8 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Well ….McCall was supposed to get us first or second ….you would expect if Doolan doesn’t get into the play offs he has failed and at then you woukd ask yourself what was the point of sacking McCall 

Not necessarily. What we don’t yet know is how long “interim” is intended to be a what Dools is supposed to achieve. It could be that the plan is to bring in someone next week, but what if that goes wrong and despite best intentions he is here to the end of the season. In that case it is not Dools that has failed, but the board. However as they are buggering off at the end of the season anyway, that is probably academic.

(other scenarios are available)

Don’t diss the Dools !

1 hour ago, MonehJags said:

Cant argue with much of that to be honest. 

The signing of Tiffoney probably saved him from the sack when we were in the league below.

Ian Holloway would make an interesting appointment..........

Sorry to Burst your Bubble - but where is the Money Going to come from for anyone beyond Dools to the end of the Season ie "Significant Financial Challanges " we are still paying the existing Management team ?   

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Not necessarily. What we don’t yet know is how long “interim” is intended to be a what Dools is supposed to achieve. It could be that the plan is to bring in someone next week, but what if that goes wrong and despite best intentions he is here to the end of the season. In that case it is not Dools that has failed, but the board. However as they are buggering off at the end of the season anyway, that is probably academic.

Don’t diss the Dools !

With What Cash ?  

52 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

And also unable to be proven one way or the other. No one knows what would have happened if McCall had stayed.

Others have early in the thread used the stats from the Jags archive to show that McCall wasn't anything more than a middling championship manager as he had a ppg of 1.398.If we are going to use that stat to support his dismissal we surely are hoping that a change increases that ppg.

If his long term average of 1.398 is used for the remaining 13 games we would get another 18 points.

His ppg for this season so far is just under 1.44 and if we use that it puts it closer to getting another 19 points this season.

If you look at just this season so far he is at 1.79ppg and away is 1 ppg. We have 5 home games left and 8 away which if those averages continue would get us nearly another 17 points. 

So I thinks it fair to say that McCall had stayed he would have got another 17 to 19 points minimum. Other factors such as now having a fit squad, having an extra defender on board, potentially Ibrox showed how we should setup away from home etc indicate that he may have achieved more than that.

Hopefully Doolan/new manager can exceed that. Perhaps someone can do what Archie did in 12/13 and keep winning home games whilst making us more able to pick up points away from home.

On 2/15/2023 at 2:56 PM, javeajag said:

On a 12 month rolling contract that will be march 2024 before the savings kick in ( assuming none of them get jobs before then )

My experience of rolling contracts in the real world is that a notice period will be included. & this will apply before the 'anniversary' is reached if certain criteria have not been made. One example would be not conforming to an agreed standard, which appears to be the case here. So 'savings' may kick in a lot earlier than March 2024.

37 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Don’t diss the Dools !

We don’t have any money to bring anyone in

he will be here to the end of the season 

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

My experience of rolling contracts in the real world is that a notice period will be included. & this will apply before the 'anniversary' is reached if certain criteria have not been made. One example would be not conforming to an agreed standard, which appears to be the case here. So 'savings' may kick in a lot earlier than March 2024.

We would pay the notice so still no savings till after that 

46 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I don’t know what is planned in the budget and what new revenue streams might have come in. I just suggested a possible scenario (other scenarios are available)

Sounds like you already want Doolan to fail 

I dont - Im simply pointing out that its unlikely there will be another Management Team this Season - I like Dools he is a Good Guy and despite my frustration of how they treated the previous Manager - I wish Dools Success 

On 2/15/2023 at 3:10 PM, Dick Dastardly said:

What is not to understand about an unemployed man accepting a circa £50k per year job offer ?

Just my opinion, but i would have thought it better for his career to try and get a job as a manager, even if it was in a lower league to build his reputation again.

23 hours ago, javeajag said:

Sure….but the appointment of Doolan is predicated on the basis that he will do better than McCall 

Not sure that’s right , all Dools had been asked to do is take care of the team just now , think “ interim “ is the key word .

For all we know , a new manager could be named and Dools goes back to the Academy.

The timing was wrong re McCall but a change was needed .

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

Not sure that’s right , all Dools had been asked to do is take care of the team just now , think “ interim “ is the key word .

For all we know , a new manager could be named and Dools goes back to the Academy.

Interim your right is an elastic word…..it could be next week or the next 4 months ….though interim in terms of the current board looks like six months and the interim chairman is there till the end if the season….

.though I’m at a loss as to where the money is coming from for a new manager since we have no money 

2 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Read the statement on the Finances - despite circa £275K from Rangers we still have “significant” financial challenges - doesn't sound to me like there is any new management team in the near future