McCall Sacked

elevenone

On 2/19/2023 at 10:48 AM, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Being  a ' Thistle ' man doesn't mean you are up to the job. As McCall demonstrated he ultimately wasn't up to the expectations required. I have no doubt he loves the club, but it doesn't make him a ' Thistle ' man. Lambie loved Thistle, but he was a Rangers man.

That’s why I hope we dont go for Danny Lennon but fear some of our support will want him in solely for being a jags legend 

If we were to get at least 4 points from the next 2 games i think the current management team should be offered the job until the end of the season. If we continue to do well thru to the end of the season, they should be offered it until the end of next season(23/24) at least.

Heard Stuart Kettlewell saying before the match against Hearts yesterday. You can do a presentation, powerpoint etc, but the best way to show what you can do is get the results on the park. He makes a good point imo.

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

That’s why I hope we dont go for Danny Lennon but fear some of our support will want him in solely for being a jags legend 

Did alright at St.Mirren, regressed badly since. Employed somebody who should never have been allowed to continue as a professional player. Wouldn't  want him anywhere near Thistle as a manager or any position at Firhill.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

When you say some....a handful maybe. Let's see how the next 2 away games go. If we actually get a decent haul I suspect dools will get the gig for remainder of season. 

12 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I think there were some suggesting Neil Lennon. I don't recall many for Danny

Oh there’s a few fan dans on the facebook page suggesting him DD.

you can guess already the suggestions “he’s a Thistle legend would be ideal” or “he’s just the experienced type we desperately need” etc

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Oh there’s a few fan dans on the facebook page suggesting him DD.

you can guess already the suggestions “he’s a Thistle legend would be ideal” or “he’s just the experienced type we desperately need” etc

And so the Scottish Football Merry Go Round Continues - same faces - different Clubs 

47 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

And so the Scottish Football Merry Go Round Continues - same faces - different Clubs 

Ah you’re back, JJ.

Dont recall seeing you posting congratulatory messages to Doolan and the team for their victory on Saturday. Surely you’re not still in the huff?

• Downvote 1

On 2/20/2023 at 8:23 PM, jaggy said:

Really? I doubt many would want him. Did he not more or less turn us down when McCall was appointed?

Yes he did but people have selective memories.

the same people will have forgotten his gushing tributes to David Goodwillie and the fact he has been sacked from a league one club for leaving them bottom of league one

59 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Ah you’re back, JJ.

Dont recall seeing you posting congratulatory messages to Doolan and the team for their victory on Saturday. Surely you’re not still in the huff?

No - I want Dools to do well - hence why Ive not taken part in suggesting any replacements 

if he is our guy he gets to the end of the Season 

11 hours ago, jagfox said:

That's even more hypothetical. I am not sure what point you are trying to make anymore, do you? 🤔🤪

Sure I do. I have said all along that the poor form was when many of what most would consider our starting 11 were injured or suspended. This started in October. If you look at the starting line ups for the games that we lost, at least 3 of those key players were missing. Now, going back to how many games it took the new board to decide when to bin McCall. They took over on 7th Dec. We were 5th then. That seemed ok at that point in time. Between then until he was sacked, we played 7 times(excluding Rangers as the decision was taken before that game). We won 4 and lost 3, beating Ayr, ICT and Morton in the league and Dunfermline in the cup at home and losing to QP at New Year. Then came Hamilton and Cove. And with a full squad, the performance against Rangers and Ayr(minus BG). I can draw no other conclusion than the decision was taken over 2 games.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Sure I do. I have said all along that the poor form was when many of what most would consider our starting 11 were injured or suspended. This started in October. If you look at the starting line ups for the games that we lost, at least 3 of those key players were missing. Now, going back to how many games it took the new board to decide when to bin McCall. They took over on 7th Dec. We were 5th then. That seemed ok at that point in time. Between then until he was sacked, we played 7 times(excluding Rangers as the decision was taken before that game). We won 4 and lost 3, beating Ayr, ICT and Morton in the league and Dunfermline in the cup at home and losing to QP at New Year. Then came Hamilton and Cove. And with a full squad, the performance against Rangers and Ayr(minus BG). I can draw no other conclusion than the decision was taken over 2 games.

The decision was taken after the Cove game. That is fairly common knowledge.

So you are correct, but didn't need such a lot of deduction.

McCall was genuinely shocked so it wouldn't have been in place for any longer than the week before as things have a habit of leaking at football clubs.

As I stated, seems a member of current board didn't buy into what McCall was achieving. As did many fans. We move on.