Arbroath v Thistle

Albert's Ghost

Well, we haven't done to well recently against teams down the arse end of the league but we have managed three(?) wins versus a poor Arbroath side this season.

They have had a large turnover of players since January so may have a few new faces up front and may offer more of a threat than before.

I assume we will have a nearly full squad to select from but I doubt Dools will change to much, apart from maybe Graham coming in for Dowds.

Will be another tough spectacle but Kris and Paul will have the players well prepared, up for the contest and at the end of the day we get the win that matters.

1 hour ago, Anniesland Jag said:

No Holt today apparently.

That's a blow! He will be missed.

Other results seem to be going our way last night's Raith v Ayr draw  for example.. If we can squeeze out a win here we will be right back in the hunt.

Wind forecast to be 12mph gusting up to 19mph from the NNE. Not sure if this means the wind direction will be  blowing straight down the length of the ground or diagonally across. Either way the wind should be manageable.

2-1 the Jags.

Wonder whether we''ll play Brownlie and go with three centrebacks. Type of pitch and conditions that often suit a narrower line up. My preference would be only to revert to that if ahead and already defending deep, as was the case last week. A fair amount depends on the fitness of Graham and his ability to play up front on his own. Docherty hasn't looked back to speed and we may require to start Hodson to play alongside Doc. 

Looks to me like it could be another of those games where we dominate but have difficulty turning possession into goals. 

57 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

That's a blow! He will be missed.

Other results seem to be going our way last night's Raith v Ayr draw  for example.. If we can squeeze out a win here we will be right back in the hunt.

Wind forecast to be 12mph gusting up to 19mph from the NNE. Not sure if this means the wind direction will be  blowing straight down the length of the ground or diagonally across. Either way the wind should be manageable.

2-1 the Jags.

Raith have been on some kind of unbeaten run - 13 or 14 games but are still a point behind and played 2 games more. Assume this includes cup games ? Anyway, another important game for us. Hope the near full squad can do the business again.