Arbroath v Thistle

Albert's Ghost

Pitch is certainly poor. Team putting in a lot of effort. Some good moves and build ups but then final cross or pass lets us down.

A couple of times Mullen could have really gone for it and had a shot but went down looking for a foul that was never there.

Lawless best kept for a more conducive pitch and more time on ball at Dens on Tuesday.

Graham and Fitzy on for Mullen and Lawless I would suggest.

11 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Treading water.. going nowhere as a club….hopefully the board can explain this “strategic direction” we’re on 

Behave , McCall had 3 years to build something and didn’t 

Kris Doolan is the interim manager, has had 2 games , same personnel , did you expect anything different with the same players., still had 4 points out of 6 and 2 clean sheets .

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Kris Doolan is the interim manager, has had 2 games , same personnel , did you expect anything different with the same players., still had 4 points out of 6 and 2 clean sheets .

If appointing Doolan wasn’t expected to change anything  in the short term then why appoint him with inky 11 games left ……I assume the strategic decision was made to improve things 

1 minute ago, jlsarmy said:

I wish Dools all the very best and he’s been chucked in at deep end. I’d love him to be a success.

My frustration isn’t with him, it’s with a team that’s consistently underperformed the last two seasons and yes that lies with McCall. Utterly toothless.

Today we scrambled a point against the worst team in the league, they have won just 4 league games in 26.
Our players continue to underperform and I think Dools could do with some assistance, a more experienced individual but the board so far haven’t done so. Maybe they will. Maybe they’ll appoint someone else. But I’m tired of a club which seems rudderless from top to bottom. And yes Dools ain’t responsible for that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

If appointing Doolan wasn’t expected to change anything  in the short term then why appoint him with inky 11 games left ……I assume the strategic decision was made to improve things 

Wasn’t at the game today , listened and it didn’t sound great.

Was at the Ayr game last week and I don’t think we win that game under Ian McCall , Doolan changing to a 5 at the back with the wind battering us won that game for us 

it’s all about opinions 

2 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Wasn’t at the game today , listened and it didn’t sound great.

Was at the Ayr game last week and I don’t think we win that game under Ian McCall , Doolan changing to a 5 at the back with the wind battering us won that game for us 

it’s all about opinions 

The game today was awful and I mean awful. Not  to win against the bottom team is not good enough .

3 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

As bad as it sounded in the second half this is the first time this season we have taken 4 points from 2 consecutive away games which demonstrates how poorly the more experienced previous manager was doing (in my opinion).

We’ve also doubled the number of league clean sheets this season the past two games