Dundee v Thistle

Albert's Ghost

If we have the choice of playing the ball on the ground without Brian Graham in the team, or lumping long balls up the park from goalie and central defence, then I'd opt for the former. Of course having a big striker in the team in no way necessitates our aimless hoofball. Tell Messrs Brownlie, Sneddon & Muirhead that it's preferable to get the ball quickly to the few ball players we've got and we might just manage to get a result.

Our back line are actually defending quite well of late. Just as well as their clearances tend to pile on their work rate. Increase our possession in our opponent's half and it could pay dividends.

• Like 1

Win and there is an outside chance of automatic promotion, anything else and its a fight between us Ayr and Morton for 4th place.

Tuesday will be the strongest we've been able to field against them this season but we still be without Holt. I'm hoping for an away performance more like Ayr than against Arbroath. Against Ayr we played a 4-2-3-1 and controlled the game but against Arbroath we looked to have defaulted back to a 4-3-3 which meant the team was too compressed and our fullbacks never really got much chance to overlap.

Last time we played Dundee Bowyer made 3 subs at halftime and it turned the game around. I'm hoping to also see something from Doolan that suggests he can swing the game in our favour by either changing formation, tactics or personnel if required. Can't recall a single game this season were any changes from the sidelines have turned the game in our favour which is pretty damming after 25 games.

10 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

You could go through the centre of Perth, but I expect that is chocker with all the other traffic going that way

That'll be definitely be chocker. Best (more or less only) other way Clackmannanshire Bridge-head for Kinross and join M90 for mile or so*-then head towards St Andrews (A91) and over the Tay Bridge. 

*you'll know from the overhead signage on M90 if Bridge still closed.

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

That'll be definitely be chocker. Best (more or less only) other way Clackmannanshire Bridge-head for Kinross and join M90 for mile or so*-then head towards St Andrews (A91) and over the Tay Bridge. 

*you'll know from the overhead signage on M90 if Bridge still closed.

read this without specs initially and thought was some advance tactic suggestion 😄

that said I agree only with both full backs overlapping 🙂

7 hours ago, Anniesland Jag said:

Always worried when Holt is missing.He is a solid,steadying influence at the back and an ariel threat from set pieces in attacking half .Hoping Lawless and Tiff rediscover their collective mojo .

1-2 .

Agree with all of this but have doubts about the score. Would settle for a draw. If we hit form we can win but when did we last hit form?