Dundee v Thistle

Albert's Ghost

4 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Great result!
So is Doolan here until the end of the season or game by game… he’s done incredibly well with 7 points in 3 away games having been thrown in at the deep end! 
And indicates the team was underperforming under McCall rather than the squad being poor.
But what’s the plan … we’ve got a lot of players out of contract and we should be looking to secure some of them for next season. We do need to hear from a board who’ve been conspicuous by their absence since they were appointed. What’s the financial situation at the club. What’s the plan….
Dools has been the only person at club speaking since McCall was fired … time for the board to speak.

Doolan has a full squad to chose from to be fair. Was against McCall leaving before the end of the season but can’t argue that the team have done very well in 3 away games and look better defensively. Hope it continues.

sometimes it’s good to be proved wrong !

35 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Fantastic result. WelL done to the team on the pitch and the team in the dugout.

Is there anyone apart from Jordanhill Jag who still think it was wrong to sack McCall? 

onwards and upwards!

Yes I do.

With a full or near full squad McCall was doing a fine job. Regardless of what others say , it is my opinion  their is little that any manager can do when  they are consistently 6/7 players not available for selection.

However I can't change the past so as a Jags supporter I have wished Doolan well and will support him the same way I supported IMC.

Brilliant results. 7 from 9 is a great return.

The league couldn't be tighter and as we head into the last round of fixtures we have 3 of the 4 teams above us to play at home.

If we can get through March and stick be in the pack our fixtures through April and May look more favourable than the teams above us.

If Morton can do something against Queens on Saturday we could be looking at a 4 point gap from 5th to 1st. 

Conversely loosing to Raith brings them back into the mix for a playoff spot. Saturday for Raith is getting into the must win territory if they want to get to the top 4. 

5 minutes ago, dibble said:

BBC stats show 91% possession for Dundee ! Must have been very very one sided with our 9% when we scored 

Yeah, they had us on 60% possession in the first half so Dundee must have had around 140% possession in the second half! Their general coverage and accuracy of our games isn’t worth reading. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fenski said:

Woops - starting composing that post after we scored the second!

Composing a post? You’ll get kicked off of the football internet for putting any thought into what you post. It’s designed for total diatribes only. 

A great result, well done to managers, the team and all who travelled. 

Off to keep obsessively refreshing Jagzone until the highlights are up. 

Edited by madcapmilkdrinker

8 hours ago, Thistle88 said:

Doolan has a full squad to chose from to be fair. Was against McCall leaving before the end of the season but can’t argue that the team have done very well in 3 away games and look better defensively. Hope it continues.

sometimes it’s good to be proved wrong !

Correct me if I’m wrong, but was Holt and Dowds out last night and Graham out for one and only on the bench for the other. Hardly a full squad and the McCall excussers would have been using that if we had lost all 3.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but was Holt and Dowds out last night and Graham out for one and only on the bench for the other. Hardly a full squad and the McCall excussers would have been using that if we had lost all 3.

Getting your EX-CUSSERS mixed up with your EX-CUSERS?

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Brownlee not in the squad last night too

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Indeed. McCall lovers seem to like to gloss over the facts. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Great start by Doolan, although McCall did get 6/9 from the same opposition. In the interest of balance.

Not in back to back games. But to be fair, McCall did actually get 10/30 points on the road, so still not great from McCall on our travels.