Last Game of the Season

QXBoy

After last night I get excited again which led me to look closely at our (and others) fixtures.

Shocked and disappointed to find that ALL of the  closing games in our league are schduled for a Friday night instead of the Saturday afternoon.

Can somebody clarify whether this is because BBC Scotland are planning a super-duper end of the season round the grounds spectacular, OR all the games had to go to the Friday evening because of Queen's Park (Stenhousemuir are at home on the Saturday)?

Imagine (if we still have something to play for) how many Jags fans would go to Kirkcaldy on the Saturday compared to the Friday!

6 hours ago, QXBoy said:

After last night I get excited again which led me to look closely at our (and others) fixtures.

Shocked and disappointed to find that ALL of the  closing games in our league are schduled for a Friday night instead of the Saturday afternoon.

Can somebody clarify whether this is because BBC Scotland are planning a super-duper end of the season round the grounds spectacular, OR all the games had to go to the Friday evening because of Queen's Park (Stenhousemuir are at home on the Saturday)?

Imagine (if we still have something to play for) how many Jags fans would go to Kirkcaldy on the Saturday compared to the Friday!

Think the fans will only go in numbers if there is something to play for and it won’t matter too much whether it is Friday night or Saturday afternoon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, a f kincaid said:

If there is anything the SPFL can do to alienate supporters, they'll do it.

That's the one constant rule from the very folk that will happily overlook other rules.

I'm assuming that like me folk are pissed off with the Friday night/BBC thingy as opposed to all five fixtures kicking off at the same time. The latter surely has to be in place. 

4 hours ago, Woodstock Jag said:

There's a very obvious logic to it.

Final game of the season on TV for whatever game is the most interesting.

Plus.

All games to be played simultaneously to minimise the risk of  *shenanigans* along the lines of the Disgrace of Dijon.

The last point I fully understand.

Going back to other comments re SPFL - the month of March has 4 weekends of scheduled fixtures. During March Queen's Park are at home FOUR times.

How's that for sensible scheduling?

10 hours ago, Woodstock Jag said:

There's a very obvious logic to it.

Final game of the season on TV for whatever game is the most interesting.

Plus.

All games to be played simultaneously to minimise the risk of  *shenanigans* along the lines of the Disgrace of Dijon.

That one mustard passed me by? 🤪

• Haha 1

Top flight games have each half of the split kicking off at the same time. I remember we played most of our last games of the season at lunchtime on a Sunday. 

Makes sense that if a game is on Friday night TV,  all games kick off at the sanetim, to avoid any shenanigans, as WJ alludes to.

6 hours ago, QXBoy said:

The last point I fully understand.

Going back to other comments re SPFL - the month of March has 4 weekends of scheduled fixtures. During March Queen's Park are at home FOUR times.

How's that for sensible scheduling?

That’s very strange, I can only assume they must have switched one of those 4 fixtures earlier in the season