Thistle v Raith Rovers

Albert's Ghost

48 minutes ago, sandy said:

By all accounts, Dools has been making it very clear to the players what their roles are. The confidence is coming back.

This is what every good manager does. As an IMC supporter I would be very surprised if a man of hos experience wasnt already doing the same!

But congrats to Doolan on his appointment and on his success so far. I do fear though reality is just around the corner ......at Cappilow. A ground where to my recollection rarely do very well 

6 minutes ago, watties wallies said:

McEvoy excellent today  Tiffoney back to his best also Banzo had his best game for us in a long time

Agree tho Banzo did have a very good game at Dens as well. McAvoy when he goes forward looks like he could walk thru an opposition midfield. Especially impressed with his heading. Knows when to cushion a header and where to place it.

We started slowly but played our way into the game. After we scored we were quite comfortable and took a 3 goal lead. Agree with those who mentioned McEvoy and Mitchell. Mitchell had a really good one handed save with about 15 minutes to go and also the penalty save, if it wasn't for these saves it would not have been so comfortable. McEvoy played with a lot of confidence, if he continues playing at this level would be difficult to leave him out the team.

31 minutes ago, Kingleo said:

Decent crowd. 3302 according to thistle Twitter. Where might we be if dools had been in since new year for instance? It’s and buts I know but would we have lost to Hamilton and cove? 

It would have been very hard to justify a change at the start of the year given our results and some of the performances at end November and in December.

Thought we started really cautiously, having most of the possession without really doing anything with it. McMillan was pretty careless throughout the game, Milne poor in 1st half. Bannigan and McAvoy were excellent all day. 2nd Half we were much better until the last 15 minutes or so when we seemed to take the foot off the gas. Two great saves by Mitchell. 
A bit worried Tiff May have another injury - seemed to be in some pain after he went off.

1 hour ago, Kingleo said:

Decent crowd. 3302 according to thistle Twitter. Where might we be if dools had been in since new year for instance? It’s and buts I know but would we have lost to Hamilton and cove? 

You don't know that.!

We played both those teams with a number of players not available for selection and in one game the situation was so bad re injuries our bench consisted of Mitchell plus 5 or 6 teenagers.

A slow start but we sparked into life just before half time - all three goals featured outstanding play to set up simple finishes with Tiff's pass to Milne for the second goal a highlight. Some good performances with particular credits to Lawless & Banzo...McAvoy's timing of his headed clearances was impressive...Mitchell had nothing to do then made two superb saves.

Raith were on a 14 game unbeaten run...they were rubbish. It confirmed what I've thought for most of the season - with our best players, particularly Tiffoney, fit and on form, we should be top of this League. Next week's game against a horrible Morton team will be a test of where we stand. 

I wasn't sure it was fair to give Doolan the  job but didn't like the other names touted for the role...I really hope he continues to do well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

3 very well worked goals plus Mitchell coming in and making a good save then a double save at the penalty - very pleasing.

Good home crowd as well - need every person who can be to be there for the remaining games at Firhill.

And the away games as well, nothing better than playing away with a big support cheering the Jags on.. starting at Cappilow next Saturday...

Did you know we have only lost twice in league this year when Ross Docherty has played and one of those was when we got beat at Inverness when turner was sent off in first half. He makes this team tick. The other side however is that we don’t have a back up when he’s absent

• Like 1