Thistle v Raith Rovers

Albert's Ghost

55 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

Correct.. It was on the wall at the front of the Shed.....

I must be getting old. I could have sworn it was on the wall of the north end terrace, behind the invalid cars. As Spike Milligan said. “Three things happen as you get older. The first is that you start to lose your memory. I’m buggered if I can remember the other 2”

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I must be getting old. I could have sworn it was on the wall of the north end terrace, behind the invalid cars. As Spike Milligan said. “Three things happen as you get older. The first is that you start to lose your memory. I’m buggered if I can remember the other 2”

As I recall it was a huge red advert strategically located on the big wall under the shed

1 hour ago, Grubber8468 said:

Entirely unrelated to game on Saturday but over 9000 at Dunfermline v Falkirk tonight!!!

I saw that.  I think I read the biggest crowd for League 1 in a decade - probably when Rangers toiled there.

Must say I think its good to see that level of support outside the Premiership.

9 hours ago, Cfirejkl said:

I saw that.  I think I read the biggest crowd for League 1 in a decade - probably when Rangers toiled there.

Must say I think its good to see that level of support outside the Premiership.

Would've been interesting to know what the crowd would have been for our L1 clinching win v. Falkirk in the closed doors season

Next season's Championship could have a lot of busy grounds. Where we miss out is in not having these bonus crowd "derby games" as such. Pars will be playing Raith and very possibly Falkirk. Other possibilities are the Ayrshire & Dundee derbies being resurrected. Whereas the only derby we might have to look forward to is our traditional defeat to Queens Pk. 

Even if our finances were hunky dory other clubs mentioned above will be able to budget favourably knowing they're assured big crowds against their traditional rivals. Given all that the incentive for us to get promoted this season couldn't be much higher.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

3 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Next season's Championship could have a lot of busy grounds. Where we miss out is in not having these bonus crowd "derby games" as such. Pars will be playing Raith and very possibly Falkirk. Other possibilities are the Ayrshire & Dundee derbies being resurrected. Whereas the only derby we might have to look forward to is our traditional defeat to Queens Pk. 

Even if our finances were hunky dory other clubs mentioned above will be able to budget favourably knowing they're assured big crowds against their traditional rivals. Given all that the incentive for us to get promoted this season couldn't be much higher.

I think it is unlikely all of those derbies will be in play in the championship next season. If both Utd and Killie come down. And if neither QP or us are going up is it really Morton and ICT ? I also think that if QP miss out this term, they won’t be as strong next season - mind you will we ?

57 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I think it is unlikely all of those derbies will be in play in the championship next season. If both Utd and Killie come down. And if neither QP or us are going up is it really Morton and ICT ? I also think that if QP miss out this term, they won’t be as strong next season - mind you will we ?

I can see a Thistle v QP derby next season ….. in the Premiership !

19 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Yes we will be as strong......... or totally gone as in no longer existing!

But if we finish 2nd all our financial woes are over ........are they not?

• Haha 1