Doolan appointed!!

Grubber8468

Hardly surprising given the points haul in his first three games in charge and his status as a fully fledged Jags legend.

Priority has to be getting on and extending contracts for key players for next season and identifying those that we dont need, whether we go up or not.

Squiddy in as assistant anytime soon?

I'm now especially fed up that i'm having to miss the game this Saturday.......

A gamble, but a gamble worth taking especially when you see the managerial merry go round normally in Scotland (see Goodwin this week).  Has got off to a great start and is a club legend so will have the fans onside.

All the best Dools, lets get 3 points tmrw and some contract extensions underway.

22 minutes ago, Aberdeenjag said:

Hardly surprising given the points haul in his first three games in charge and his status as a fully fledged Jags legend.

Priority has to be getting on and extending contracts for key players for next season and identifying those that we dont need, whether we go up or not.

Paul McDonald seems to be the assistant and is doing very well though unsure how long it will last if its interim or not, but he is clearly doing very well in current role

Agree that getting contract extensions need to be a priority

44 minutes ago, Aberdeenjag said:

So Squidy's prediction to me just before Xmas was correct, but I bet he never thought it would be so quick! He also said he needs to do some more coaching badges and he's enjoying his job as a fireman. I've a feeling he'll be at Firhill in some capacity.

all the very best to Dools and Paul McDonald

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Hate to say it but I have real doubts re ANY contract extensions in foreseeable future.

This would be worrying m’lady.

We have a good spine to the team; Sneddon, Milne, Aero/Holt, Turner & Tiffoney. Secure these players and we could build around that with some youth. 

Edited by sandy

1 hour ago, sandy said:

This is good news. 

I’d still like to see Erskine helping in some capacity. 

Does Erskine have coaching badges?  Maybe he could take on Kris role from the Academy, though if he didnt we would need to be careful to consider anyone who didnt.  As has been mentioned a few times though maybe require permanent fitness coach/sports scientist type role and pretty sure he is well qualified in regards to these

6 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Does Erskine have coaching badges?  Maybe he could take on Kris role from the Academy, though if he didnt we would need to be careful to consider anyone who didnt.  As has been mentioned a few times though maybe require permanent fitness coach/sports scientist type role and pretty sure he is well qualified in regards to these

I think he has partial badges. He’d be good on the fitness side for sure TL

• Like 1

Interesting there is no mention of a contract length. Usually managers are announced as having signed a contract for x year(s). Maybe it's a case of "you're the manager until further notice"... and if it doesn't work out at any point he's got a job at the academy (on lower wages) regardless... ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Interesting there is no mention of a contract length. Usually managers are announced as having signed a contract for x year(s). Maybe it's a case of "you're the manager until further notice"... and if it doesn't work out at any point he's got a job at the academy (on lower wages) regardless... ?

Yes that might answer my question

3 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

That would only work if the acadamy post wasn't filled.

4 minutes ago, dibble said:

Good luck dools but have to ask why the rush??? Have seen this backfire before - interim mangers gets appointed on the basis of a few good results and then it goes wrong. Partly due to financial reasons I reckon

I’d think that it must be better to have certainty for trying to re-sign or even sign new players.  Not knowing would make it difficult for them to commit without the certainty.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, scotty said:

That would only work if the acadamy post wasn't filled.

They may find a position for him if he wanted it. Assuming he didn't mess things up. GB is still at the club years after a less than successful stint as manager. But anyway, here's hoping he's a successful manager long term.   But as Michael M has just pointed out, maybe gives us some stability for resigning players (assuming we've got the funds). 

Good luck to Dools and Paul. The point being made about stability and players extending contracts is a very good one. Who would really sign an extension without knowing who the manager would be next season. So could be he would be manager until end of next season at least.