Doolan appointed!!

Grubber8468

Kris Doolan has my utmost respect. A great footballer and a humble person. We share a love of Partick Thistle. Is he a good manager? Time will tell.

I'm struggling to understand why the Board felt they needed to act so promptly in appointing Kris as manager. His first three professional games have gone reasonably well. No doubt he will have been helped by the playing squad focusing their efforts following the surprise sacking of McCall. He has, until now, been working under reduced pressure as an interim. Now he is the manager and first team coach of Partick Thistle and pressure will mount along with responsibility. We can't even afford to pay off the previous management team and yet have quickly appointed an untried replacement. It's very early days in his new career. Unless there are reasons, unknown to us, for this decision, I feel it would have been prudent to allow Kris more time to grow into the role.

I wish him well. Most managerial appointments, ultimately, turn sour. For all our sakes, I hope that day is a long way away. 

• Like 2

"Jobs for the boys" concerns out of the window I take it? At least until the performances return to the standard people were happy McCall was shunted for (if they ever changed - the Ayr match stunk to absolute high heaven).

Doolan will go the same way as Archibald, sadly. Looking forward to the inevitable DOOLAN OUT account being made and complaints about how tinpot Thistle are for yet another cheapo internal appointment.

Edited by West of Scotland
  • Downvote 1

No idea how the managerial contracts work at PTFC - or what the process would be if form tails off completely the rest of the season and we think that we need to appoint a different manager.

As has been mentioned before, in the UK I'm not sure why football clubs never seem to have the model found in other countries/other sports of a more colloborative approach (Moneyball-style) with people tasked with finding and signing players (e.g. McCall), then a coaching team with a head coach (e.g. Doolan +/- Graham, MacDonald). 

Edited by milhouse

38 minutes ago, West of Scotland said:

"Jobs for the boys" concerns out of the window I take it? At least until the performances return to the standard people were happy McCall was shunted for (if they ever changed - the Ayr match stunk to absolute high heaven).

Doolan will go the same way as Archibald, sadly. Looking forward to the inevitable DOOLAN OUT account being made and complaints about how tinpot Thistle are for yet another cheapo internal appointment.

I thought the last management team would've got until the end of the season or until it was impossible for us to get into top 4.

I would want whoever the Thistle manager is to be a success, as that means that Thistle are doing well. So yes i want Doolan to be a success. That it is Kris Doolan the player/legend who did so much for us on the park will make it even more special if he is now a success as a manager for us.

Edited by Auld Jag

47 minutes ago, West of Scotland said:

That’s all a bit negative. It’s pretty sad that you are looking forward to someone setting up a Doolan Out account. 

Better to get behind Dools and wish him well reshaping the squad over the summer. 

17 hours ago, dl1971 said:

A strange perspective given the last 3 results? Why do you think the play offs are beyond us? Bar QP second is definitely obtainable. 

3 results don't make a season...

ie McCalls 23games and Kris 3 games is why we are in this position.

Play offs are so cut throat in this league 6 teams 4 places....

Making such a management change at this time is a risk too far IMO

Happy to be wrong🤪

Edited by Flycatcher