Connor McEvoy

javeajag

Real shame. Looked too good for the championship and if he had stayed fit a move to a Scottish premiership or English Championship club would not have been a surprise. If he can recover fully I think he may well go on to play for Scotland at senior level.

Unfortunately we are now down to having 3 centre-backs to see out the next 8 to 14 games. McMillan can cover but there but 6 players to cover 4 defensive positions for that amount of games is going to require a bit of good fortune with injuries, suspensions and form.

1 hour ago, laukat said:

Real shame. Looked too good for the championship and if he had stayed fit a move to a Scottish premiership or English Championship club would not have been a surprise. If he can recover fully I think he may well go on to play for Scotland at senior level.

Unfortunately we are now down to having 3 centre-backs to see out the next 8 to 14 games. McMillan can cover but there but 6 players to cover 4 defensive positions for that amount of games is going to require a bit of good fortune with injuries, suspensions and form.

Can Hodson not play central defence ?

28 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Can Hodson not play central defence ?

Probably could at a push but he's not the most demanding in the air and in this league your centre defenders get a lot of high balls they need to deal with.

Suspect if we are missing 2 of our 3 McMillan moves over and Hodson plays right-back.

I wasnt at the game (not able to travel to games at moment) so didnt see the incident. However comments on the game thread suggest a studs up tackle by Muirhead. What's the extent of McAvoys injury and as it is bad enough to end his season how on earth did referee Alan Muir not see this  tackle as a straight red card.

Best wishes to Connor and hope he makes a full recovery. By all accounts he impressed every Jag who had the privilege to watch him.

8 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

I wasnt at the game (not able to travel to games at moment) so didnt see the incident. However comments on the game thread suggest a studs up tackle by Muirhead. What's the extent of McAvoys injury and as it is bad enough to end his season how on earth did referee Alan Muir not see this  tackle as a straight red card.

Best wishes to Connor and hope he makes a full recovery. By all accounts he impressed every Jag who had the privilege to watch him.

I was (along with most Jags fans) behind the goal where Connor picked up the injury. Gotta say I didn't see any studs up tackle. Neither did I hear anyone at the time comment on such. That's not of course to say it didn't happen. I'm also not condoning Muir's overall performance on Saturday but can excuse him missing this specific incident if it actually occurred. 

30 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

I thought at the time Muirhead had hit him but on the match replay you can see Muirhead trips over the ball and then falls into McAvoy. McAvoy twists his left knee as he falls backwards.

So was accidental but equally you can tell by the pain McAvoy was in it was serious.