Thistle v Dundee

Albert's Ghost

Bad tho' it was losing both centrebacks last week, the fact they went off early gave Holt & Brownlie much needed game time. I'm hoping then that they'll both be more or less match fit tomorrow. To a lesser extent Dowds getting a bit of game time was also a bonus.

Obviously a big game for both clubs. May indeed be a bigger game for Dundee. If they get 3 pts they can win the league under their own steam. Lose or draw and they join us in needing QP to slip up against other sides. A win for us and we'll look more than likely a top four club. In that regard not losing at Cappielow was most important. However if we don't win tomorrow we'll have lost that momentum we've built up since the management change. 

With our defensive injuries Hodson becomes an important player, even if only to have on the bench. He's crucial to a number of formation changes Dools may want to make during a game and of course would be required if any further defensive injuries occur. Agree with above post that the big pitch is a help. To that extent it's important we play with width. Encouragingly Doolan has been setting his side out to do just that.

Looking for Arbroath to beat Morton tonight, but the only game we have any influence on is our own. So far in this fixture the away team has walked away with the 3 points and scoring 3 goals in the process. With our recent victory at Dens still fresh in the memory of both the management team and players i would hope we go into this game with confidence. 

It won't be easy but a victory for Thistle would put us second, although Dundee have a game in hand, which they play on Tuesday at home to Ayr.

Come on Thistle tomorrow and tonight come on Arbroath. 

5 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Oh god. When everyone is feeling good about Thistle, you just know that disaster is just around the corner.

Yes, if I had a £ for every time folk get confident… After 50 odd years I know better..  

But hopefully Dools can keep the momentum going. Think a lot hinges on keeping our best players fit for the remainder of the season. We’ve already lost the promising MacAvoy and we’ve already seen those coming off the bench aren’t really adequate replacements. I think we have one of the best starting 11 in the league but we really need them all fit for all the remaining  games.

Kiss of death - Dools said on Jagszone Milne is out with flu…. And Aero out for another 2-3 weeks 😔

Edited by JAG1970

53 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Yes, if I had a £ for every time folk get confident… After 50 odd years I know better..  

But hopefully Dools can keep the momentum going. Think a lot hinges on keeping our best players fit for the remainder of the season. We’ve already lost the promising MacAvoy and we’ve already seen those coming off the bench aren’t really adequate replacements. I think we have one of the best starting 11 in the league but we really need them all fit for all the remaining  games.

Kiss of death - Dools said on Jagszone Milne is out with flu…. And Aero out for another 2-3 weeks 😔

Both players will be missed. For me Milne is the biggest loss, right up there for my player of the season.

1 hour ago, JAG1970 said:

McMillan to leftback, Hodson on the right and Brownlie in the middle. Doesn't leave many defensive options on the bench. 

33 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

McMillan to leftback, Hodson on the right and Brownlie in the middle. Doesn't leave many defensive options on the bench. 

With Milne, Muirhead and McAvoy out I am not too positive about our prospects and especially as Dundee have done well at Firhill (as we have at Dens Park) recently.

Nevertheless we have to win this game and the following game at ICT as the next series of games for QP and Ayr will give them opportunities to put some distance between us if we don't.

Thought it would help the cause to be a little bit negative amid this burst of positivity.

We will miss Milne.

Arbroath gave us some space last night ,when Morton imploded along with Imrie’s parped out Chinos, and hoping Inverness and Accies can do the same today .As for us I have every faith in Dools ,however, am anxious about our defensive situation .Keep it tight and no nonsense at the back and midfield  and let BBG,Tiff,Wee Stevie and Kyle weave their magic upfront .

Edited by Anniesland Jag

14 hours ago, JeanieD said:

How Morton didn’t beat Arbroath is beyond me! 

Seen it happen to us many times in my 60 or so years of supporting the jags. I think it was last season we played Morton at Firhill we were by far the better team and we also missed a penalty and couldn't score with the rebound. Morton scored with just about 10 minutes to go, game over. We have to take advantage of slip ups like this by the teams above and just below us. Let's hope we can today. :fan:

Right troops: sitting watching the live stream build-up. It'll soon be midnight, time for K-O. Three big cans of Kirin "Original" beer lined up, for 1st half, half-time, and 2nd half. And a wee bottle of sake as backup.

Some worrying injury and illness worries at the moment (as always, for us!), but let's show that we are serious about harassing QP right until the end of the season.

Well, after looking quite smart once of twice earlier, we seem to have fizzled out.

Dundee have had 6 or 7 corners to our zero, which tells something about who's doing the attacking.

Having said that, Brownlie and Holt doing fine in central defence. Turner looks sharp, and Tiff too, but only in a few flashes.