Journey of disCOVEry

partickthedog

On the positive side Ayr got beat tonight so a win tomorrow puts us back in the hunt for 3rd.

On the negative side its Cove who we've struggled with but more worryingly Harry Milne's season is over so even if we do make the playoffs it hard to see us making much progress.

Muirhead is mean to be fit so I would go with the following:

Sneddon

McMillan-Muirhead-Holt-Hodson

Docherty-Bannigan

Turner

Lawless-Graham-Tiffoney

Perhaps harsh on Mitchell but I think we need to start planning for next season and that means Sneddon.

Lawless and Turner need to start performing otherwise I expect Fitzpatrick and McKinnon to start the next one.

We're running out of defenders so need to hope we can avoid any more injuries. 

7 hours ago, laukat said:

On the positive side Ayr got beat tonight so a win tomorrow puts us back in the hunt for 3rd.

On the negative side its Cove who we've struggled with but more worryingly Harry Milne's season is over so even if we do make the playoffs it hard to see us making much progress.

Muirhead is mean to be fit so I would go with the following:

Sneddon

McMillan-Muirhead-Holt-Hodson

Docherty-Bannigan

Turner

Lawless-Graham-Tiffoney

Perhaps harsh on Mitchell but I think we need to start planning for next season and that means Sneddon.

Lawless and Turner need to start performing otherwise I expect Fitzpatrick and McKinnon to start the next one.

We're running out of defenders so need to hope we can avoid any more injuries. 

Mitchell is contracted for next season, Sneddon isn’t. I think that Mitchell should keep the gloves unless Sneddon signs up.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, johnkebab71 said:

Can’t be dropping Mitchell. 

If we had options in midfield I’d happily see Bannigan at left back. Gives us nothing in middle of the park, but unfortunately no one else does either. 

Agreed.

Hodson offers nothing. Let’s do something radical!

Ive a sneaking feeling Smith might start. I watched training for 20 minutes yesterday.  He was the best player in the bounce game.

13 hours ago, partickthedog said:

I'll have a go at starting the match thread this week!

Our 7th attempt to beat Cove. 4 draws and 2 losses so far.

After our last game there, surely Jamie Sneddon has to come back in goals!?

We've beaten Cove, in the cup in 2012 😇

We are defending well (Brownlie's brainfart aside), so we need to be more creative. 

We are getting players forward but as said we are getting nothing from set-pieces our positional play creates. 

Also need to find a way to support BBG from open play.

Milne being out is a blow, but we have options. Hodson will probably come in, but I wouldn't mind Zander McKenzie getting a chance. 

One of those games where any win will do, so let's break the league hoodoo, and I'll go for 1-0 to Thistle. 

A real shame for Milne - best wishes to him for a full recovery.

One for the tactical experts on here - could we not put Holt to left back given he played there for many seasons before moving more central last season?

My biggest concern for today is Duncan Williams as ref (the guy who reffed the 1-0 defeat to Cove at Firhill). Let's hope he has learnt when the keeper knocks the ball behind it is a corner and not a goal kick!

1 hour ago, jagfox said:

We've beaten Cove, in the cup in 2012 😇

Also need to find a way to support BBG from open play.

Agree tho' why we can't do it with an attacking threesome of  Lawless, Turner & Tiffoney is surprising. I find playing two up front a bit negative as it restricts an attacking midfield. Besides we've no pacy forward to compliment Graham. So I'd like to see Turner bit less of the covering everywhere and get closer to Graham. Suppose I'm making a case for playing someone in a "Cammy Smith" role. But not......🙃

2 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

A real shame for Milne - best wishes to him for a full recovery.

One for the tactical experts on here - could we not put Holt to left back given he played there for many seasons before moving more central last season?

My biggest concern for today is Duncan Williams as ref (the guy who reffed the 1-0 defeat to Cove at Firhill). Let's hope he has learnt when the keeper knocks the ball behind it is a corner and not a goal kick!

Really strange we get the same ref in consecutive meetings. He was awful at Firhill