Remaining Fixtures

Fawlty Towers

I think that's a decent result for us tonight. As it gets us a bit closer to a top 4 spot and also doesn't effect our 1 in a million chance of winning the league.

A top 4 place is now guaranteed with 57 points. With our goal difference 58 points probably also means 3rd at worst and possibly second. 

We have a really really outside possibility of winning the league. For it to happen we need to win all remaining games which is unlikely enough. However we also need Dundee to lose at least 2 of their last 3 and concede a few goals whilst Queens pick up no more than 3 points from 2 games.

Based on their performance tonight I'm not sure where Queens get 3 points from. Can't see them beating Morton or Dundee.

12 minutes ago, laukat said:

I think that's a decent result for us tonight. As it gets us a bit closer to a top 4 spot and also doesn't effect our 1 in a million chance of winning the league.

A top 4 place is now guaranteed with 57 points. With our goal difference 58 points probably also means 3rd at worst and possibly second. 

We have a really really outside possibility of winning the league. For it to happen we need to win all remaining games which is unlikely enough. However we also need Dundee to lose at least 2 of their last 3 and concede a few goals whilst Queens pick up no more than 3 points from 2 games.

Based on their performance tonight I'm not sure where Queens get 3 points from. Can't see them beating Morton or Dundee.

There's a couple of different ways we could win the league but they include us winning our 3 games.

Dundee could draw all 3 or draw 2 and win 1. They could lose all 3, as long as QP lose 1 before they beat Dundee.

I felt before tonight that Ayr could lose out and I still think they might. That game was pretty dire.

I think we'll be third but could maybe sneak into second.

3 minutes ago, CotterJag said:

There's a couple of different ways we could win the league but they include us winning our 3 games.

Dundee could draw all 3 or draw 2 and win 1. They could lose all 3, as long as QP lose 1 before they beat Dundee.

I felt before tonight that Ayr could lose out and I still think they might. That game was pretty dire.

I think we'll be third but could maybe sneak into second.

I'm thinking the same.

Whilst I can see ICT beating Dundee, I can't see Cove and Queens beating them. So the title is pretty much Dundee's.

I also can't see Queens winning their last 2 and its entirely possible Queens finish 4th.

However its a big ask for us to win our last 3. 

I believe tonight's result guarantees Dundee and Queens a playoff spot as a minimum.

If ICT beat Dundee tomorrow they go just 1 point behind the top 2…. They’re on a remarkable run of form having won their last 6 league matches (and in the semi final of the cup).. Although they will have just one league game to play after tomorrow. 

Fantasy football….

ICT beat Dundee

Dundee beat Cove

Morton draw with QP

QP draw with Dundee

ICT beat Ayr

We win our 3 games…..

Dundee 62 points, Thistle 61, QP/ICT 60 points

2 hours ago, JAG1970 said:

If ICT beat Dundee tomorrow they go just 1 point behind the top 2…. They’re on a remarkable run of form having won their last 6 league matches (and in the semi final of the cup).. Although they will have just one league game to play after tomorrow. 

Fantasy football….

ICT beat Dundee

Dundee beat Cove

Morton draw with QP

QP draw with Dundee

ICT beat Ayr

We win our 3 games…..

Dundee 62 points, Thistle 61, QP/ICT 60 points

Even more fantastic if Cove draw with Dundee.

12 hours ago, laukat said:

The goal difference thing isn’t that big. It’s 6 just now. If we win 3 and Dundee lose 2 that’s it down to 1 at most.Really depends on how many Dundee beat Cove by, I guess.

Realistically 2nd is probably gone, and I don’t fancy our chances in getting through  up to 6 games if we finish 3/4th with what looks like a threadbare squad.. No experienced defenders on the bench today (apparently both Brownlie and Muirhead are carrying knocks), in midfield the likes of Smith and McKinnon are clearly not rated, and perhaps only Mullen is a realistic option to bring on up front. With Tiffoney again struggling for fitness it further reduces options.

If you take the 11 who started today plus Tiffoney and Mullen then we have just 13 players + Sneddon to chose from.  Dowds, Smith, McKinnon (and the injured Hodson) can’t complain about being on the bench, Mackenzie hasn’t really featured yet, So it looks like we’re running with only 12 serious contenders for 10 outfield positions….

Just now, JAG1970 said:

Realistically 2nd is probably gone, and I don’t fancy our chances in getting through  up to 6 games if we finish 3/4th with what looks like a threadbare squad.. No experienced defenders on the bench today (apparently both Brownlie and Muirhead are carrying knocks), in midfield the likes of Smith and McKinnon are clearly not rated, and perhaps only Mullen is a realistic option to bring on up front. With Tiffoney again struggling for fitness it further reduces options.

If you take the 11 who started today plus Tiffoney and Mullen then we have just 13 players + Sneddon to chose from.  Dowds, Smith, McKinnon (and the injured Hodson) can’t complain about being on the bench, Mackenzie hasn’t really featured yet, So it looks like we’re running with only 12 serious contenders for 10 outfield positions….

Could be worse, we could be Raith Rovers - only 4 subs today (1 a keeper) and they had 2 players sent off.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Disagree. 2nd is a real possibility IF we win our last 2. On our day we are perfectly capable of that.

It beggars belief that the SFA and SPFL have managed to schedule the finals of 2 competitions for the same week. Presumably, not expecting a Championship team to reach the Cup final.

Play off Final first leg - 1 June

Scottish Cup Final - 3 June

Play off Final second leg - 4 June

If ICT make it to the Play off Final, the dates will have to change. If the final is against Thistle, we may find that our players' contract extensions are not long enough.

7 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

It beggars belief that the SFA and SPFL have managed to schedule the finals of 2 competitions for the same week. Presumably, not expecting a Championship team to reach the Cup final.

If ICT make it to the Play off Final, the dates will have to change. If the final is against Thistle, we may find that our players' contract extensions are not long enough.

Play our U 15s. Wouldn't be any worse.

8 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

If Inverness reach the final of the playoffs, we cannot be in the final, so our season will have ended on Friday 26th May at the latest.

Edited by G SUS
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

Maxi continues to excel 

3 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

Dates of the Play Off have already been changed to 6th and 9th June folks.