Hamilton entry

a f kincaid

3 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Whether cash or pre paid it'll no doubt make little difference to the queuing. NDP over the years of late has been a ground where access for away fans has been disgraceful. The cash gate should tho', in theory at least, move faster given entry is £20/£10.

Definitely worth arriving much earlier than usual to avoid frustration. The turnstile operatives and stewards are remarkably slow with no sense of urgency, and there is never any spontaneity or initiative used, for example, opening extra turnstiles or whatever. If the queue is snaking back all the way to the middle of next week, you just have to suffer in silence. Being angry or cheeky gets you nowhere!

Maybe AI could bring about some improvements?

2 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Surely a chance for Fitzpatrick to shine as the pacy option from the start

We'd all like to think/hope so. He’s got talent but needs to be more consistent and also start doing the hard work too in closing down the opposition when we don’t have the ball. Not sure if it’s a fitness thing with him, I think he had an injury that prevented him from having a full pre season? but he really needs to do more.. 

3 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Surely a chance for Fitzpatrick to shine as the pacy option from the start

I agree with this.

I think though we have to put the ball in front of Fitzpatrick to run onto. He was very effective against Queens when he came on doing just this.. He doesn't seen to be interested in taking the ball up to a defender, passing him and crossing! 

Regarding other games I am hoping for an ICT win over Dunee and would be happy if at close of business tomorrow the table looked like this:

Dundee            34 - 58

Queens  Park  34 - 58

Inverness CT   35 - 57

The Jags          34 - 55.

if results go our way we can win the title from the above position tied on 61 pts. with Dundee and Queens but with the better goal  difference.

How is that for optimism?

Hopefully we will be well rested after last week's game, relaxed and raring to go. Hamilton are in very good form so we will have to start on the front foot and stay on the front foot. It's going to be a difficult game and I will settle for a scrappy win!

16 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

I agree with this.

I think though we have to put the ball in front of Fitzpatrick to run onto. He was very effective against Queens when he came on doing just this.. He doesn't seen to be interested in taking the ball up to a defender, passing him and crossing! 

Regarding other games I am hoping for an ICT win over Dunee and would be happy if at close of business tomorrow the table looked like this:

Dundee            34 - 58

Queens  Park  34 - 58

Inverness CT   35 - 57

The Jags          34 - 55.

if results go our way we can win the title from the above position tied on 61 pts. with Dundee and Queens but with the better goal  difference.

How is that for optimism?

Hopefully we will be well rested after last week's game, relaxed and raring to go. Hamilton are in very good form so we will have to start on the front foot and stay on the front foot. It's going to be a difficult game and I will settle for a scrappy win!

Do you mean ‘Hamilton are not in very good form’?

16 minutes ago, madcapmilkdrinker said:

What’s happened to McKinnon? Always featured earlier in the season, is ‘highly rated’ and never seemed to attract the opprobrium of anyone on here, but hasn’t started for a while IIRC.

Anyway, ‘mon the Jags. 

I think Doolan is going to avoid the loanees from Rangers route from now on. .....

4 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

You did, but they have just lost 3 in a row and 4 without a win, so they are not on good form 

I know they have not got the results but that doesn't mean they haven't been playing well. In their most recent game they gave ICT a tough game which ICT won in the last few minutes and they are the 'form' team in the division.

No one will be happier than me if we win this 5-0 but I think we will find this a tough game.