Hamilton entry

a f kincaid

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Last 6 games: 2 wins, 3 draws , 1 loss …..9 points out of 18 …..not good enough

we should have won today, we should have won last week but we didn’t …..for me the jury on doolan is unconvinced so far 

The jury was always out for Doolan. It was a gamble the board took. For me it was worth taking.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, javeajag said:

we should have won today, we should have won last week but we didn’t …..for me the jury on doolan is unconvinced so far 

It’s a far better record than McCall and he’s still got McCall and Archibald’s squad. And don’t forget that the teams we’ve played all have something to play for.

If Doolan hadn’t have come in we’d still be in the middle of a relegation battle.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, javeajag said:

No, you remain unconvinced. McCall had 3 losses in his last 6 games. 

That is all. 

Edited by sandy

5 minutes ago, Big Col said:

It’s a far better record than McCall and he’s still got McCall and Archibald’s squad. And don’t forget that the teams we’ve played all have something to play for.

If Doolan hadn’t have come in we’d still be in the middle of a relegation battle.

The teams we've played have always had something to play for and we've never been in a relegation battle this season.

It was maybe the right time for a change (well a day early in my view) but Doolan is untried and untested, especially when the pressure is on.

And, the pressure is now really on. Here's hoping he's up to it.

7 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

You certainly go through all the emotions supporting the Jags!

As I understand it if we win both our last 2 games we would be second if Queens Park pick up 1 point (or none) in their last two.

Keep the faith!

Or if we win our last 2 Dundee lose theirs and a 6 goal swing in our favour.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Big Col said:

It’s a slightly better record than McCall but nothing particularly outstanding 

10 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

Was it ever mentioned if Doolan was here to the end of the season or 1 year or what????

There was an article (possibly by James Cairney) that said he (like McCall) was on a contract that did not have a timeframe.

Found the article from The Hearld on 3rd March. Here is the relevant part:

Doolan has signed a permanent contract at Firhill with no fixed term, as is standard at the Championship club. 

Edited by Fawlty Towers
Article quoted
  • Thanks 1

Wasted so many chances today. Whilst the treble block in the first half was a definite chance missed the one I can't get out of my head is Fitzpatrick's miss when clean through.

Today we did the same as the Ayr game. We were playing really well until we scored a goal and then stopped playing for the rest of the first half. Hamilton took advantage and got their equaliser.

Second half was one way traffic but we were really wasteful in and around the box. Wanted one pass more rather than taking the shot.

Lawless was really good again. Docherty looked out of sorts and it wouldn't surprise me if he's injured again. Fitzpatrick took until 60 minutes into the game to do what he should have been doing and you could see Holt shouting at him more than once for not showing for a pass. Brownlie's mistake against Ayr seems to have effected his confidence quite badly.

Now looking like a struggle to get into the top 4 and the team look a long way off being capable of getting through the playoffs. Doolan sets the team up better than McCall but he's too late with his subs and seems unable to change the pattern of play when it goes against us.

On the plus side I quite enjoyed seeing the Hamilton fans reaction after Lawless's goal. With Cove scoring 7 minutes before us they went from a major step forward in surviving to at best being in a playoff. Just a shame Graham's late effort was offside. If it had counted I might still be at the stadium lapping up the salty tears of the Accies young team. 

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

Agreed 

Absolute Nonsense, we’ve possibly got a progressive coach in place in Kris Doolan , time will tell on that one .

Ian McCall had 3 years to build something and didn’t , no youth development, journey men guys joining the Club( Cammy Smith , Hodson etc .) and Loan Players from Sevco ( that worked well ! )

Dools should be given a chance to build something with bringing some of the young players through, getting guys like Fitzpatrick fit to actually play 90 mins etc 

I’m sure there will be a lot of changes in the months to come , especially with the infrastructure within the Club.

Doolan has given us a chance of a play off place , though I’m not sure a lot of these players are good enough to play  Premier League if we did go up .

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, laukat said:

Wasted so many chances today. Whilst the treble block in the first half was a definite chance missed the one I can't get out of my head is Fitzpatrick's miss when clean through.

Today we did the same as the Ayr game. We were playing really well until we scored a goal and then stopped playing for the rest of the first half. Hamilton took advantage and got their equaliser.

Second half was one way traffic but we were really wasteful in and around the box. Wanted one pass more rather than taking the shot.

Lawless was really good again. Docherty looked out of sorts and it wouldn't surprise me if he's injured again. Fitzpatrick took until 60 minutes into the game to do what he should have been doing and you could see Holt shouting at him more than once for not showing for a pass. Brownlie's mistake against Ayr seems to have effected his confidence quite badly.

Now looking like a struggle to get into the top 4 and the team look a long way off being capable of getting through the playoffs. Doolan sets the team up better than McCall but he's too late with his subs and seems unable to change the pattern of play when it goes against us.

On the plus side I quite enjoyed seeing the Hamilton fans reaction after Lawless's goal. With Cove scoring 7 minutes before us they went from a major step forward in surviving to at best being in a playoff. Just a shame Graham's late effort was offside. If it had counted I might still be at the stadium lapping up the salty tears of the Accies young team. 

Just replying to one point. Docherty took a whole series of knocks and hard tackles throughout the game so not surprising that he was limping and had to go off early.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Absolute Nonsense, we’ve possibly got a progressive coach in place in Kris Doolan , time will tell on that one .

Ian McCall had 3 years to build something and didn’t , no youth development, journey men guys joining the Club( Cammy Smith , Hodson etc .) and Loan Players from Sevco ( that worked well ! )

Dools should be given a chance to build something with bringing some of the young players through, getting guys like Fitzpatrick fit to actually play 90 mins etc 

I’m sure there will be a lot of changes in the months to come , especially with the infrastructure within the Club.

Doolan has given us a chance of a play off place , though I’m not sure a lot of these players are good enough to play  Premier League if we did go up .

Doolan took over we were fifth, we are currently fourth and could possibly end up fifth in a couple of weeks ……we shall see 

it’s great having faith in ex players but Doolan has no track record in anything he may turn out to be great or he may not …….but as you say it’s ‘possibly’

he has actually has had a couple of months to get Fitzpatrick fit….a quick look at his instagram account would tell you what needs to be done …l