Hamilton entry

a f kincaid

18 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Doolan took over we were fifth, we are currently fourth and could possibly end up fifth in a couple of weeks ……we shall see 

it’s great having faith in ex players but Doolan has no track record in anything he may turn out to be great or he may not …….but as you say it’s ‘possibly’

he has actually has had a couple of months to get Fitzpatrick fit….a quick look at his instagram account would tell you what needs to be done …l

Re Fitzpatrick, unfortunately you can’t make a player fitter , he’s got to push himself to do that and he’s not done that 

Aiden would be better to stay in on a Friday night and rest rather than post stuff on Instagram ( Chris Brown gig etc )that would be a good start if  he wants to have a career in football .

So you’re right re Aiden Fitzpatrick 

Edited by jlsarmy

1 minute ago, jags on tour said:

Pish result but a win next week vs Arbroath secures a playoff spot regardless of other results, Need Tiffoney back, why was he not involved today?

The manager said in the preview that he tweaked his hamstring against Ayr but has had a scan and should be available for Arbroath.

• Like 1

Not sure how we managed to not get all three points in a game that should have been wrapped up before Accies scored ,even after that we should have Floored them .

Thought Ref was absolutely honking ….seemed to take ages writing up his wee book effectively taking the edge and flow out the game and handing out some bizarre yellows …still can’t work out how Turner got carded after being hacked down by an Accies side intent on spoiling the game through cynical tackling.

4 hours ago, javeajag said:

It’s a slightly better record than McCall but nothing particularly outstanding 

For me it's not just about the teams record in terms of results - unless you're Celtic or Rangers there is always an element of luck involved in Scottish football. What matters is the performance and I've seen enough to suggest that the team performance has improved significantly since the change of management.

I also think we'd plateaued under previous management - we knew what we were going to get. That isn't the case now.

However longer term, the coaching staff is only part of it. I'm still not sure what sort of club the new board wants us to be, and what the plan is to deliver it.

• Like 1

You're all a bit reactionary. Two games ago Doolan was apparently a genius. Now the jury's out. Fact is he's a guy who has just taken on his very first management job, and will be learning as he goes.

To be fair it just seems to be the way with football these days. And most other things too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Anniesland Jag said:

Thought Ref was absolutely honking ….seemed to take ages writing up his wee book effectively taking the edge and flow out the game and handing out some bizarre yellows …still can’t work out how Turner got carded after being hacked down by an Accies side intent on spoiling the game through cynical tackling.

Strange decision making by the ref but maybe we should be grateful. Thought Graham was going to get sent off. He might have taken the Accies player (McGowan?) with him but Big Brian could've let us down big time. Agree both about Turner and the time taken over the bookings but the ref did try and keep the game flowing. In comparison to most of the chancers we've had officiating of late I don't think he was that rotten. 

Some slavering nonsense on here. Doolan has inherited a squad and we have lost one game in 11. What were people expecting? Like all managers he deserves time. In fact he deserves more. Simples and...we are probably actually where we deserve to be with this squad. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Some slavering nonsense on here. Doolan has inherited a squad and we have lost one game in 11. What were people expecting? Like all managers he deserves time. In fact he deserves more. Simples and...we are probably actually where we deserve to be with this squad. 

Slavering nonesense? Doolan won a few games, we have been up and down form wise like half of the top 6 since the season started. He’s made no great difference. 

And no he doesn’t deserve more time than others, ffs what a stupid thing to say !

14 hours ago, laukat said:

Wasted so many chances today. Whilst the treble block in the first half was a definite chance missed the one I can't get out of my head is Fitzpatrick's miss when clean through.

Today we did the same as the Ayr game. We were playing really well until we scored a goal and then stopped playing for the rest of the first half. Hamilton took advantage and got their equaliser.

Second half was one way traffic but we were really wasteful in and around the box. Wanted one pass more rather than taking the shot.

Lawless was really good again. Docherty looked out of sorts and it wouldn't surprise me if he's injured again. Fitzpatrick took until 60 minutes into the game to do what he should have been doing and you could see Holt shouting at him more than once for not showing for a pass. Brownlie's mistake against Ayr seems to have effected his confidence quite badly.

Now looking like a struggle to get into the top 4 and the team look a long way off being capable of getting through the playoffs. Doolan sets the team up better than McCall but he's too late with his subs and seems unable to change the pattern of play when it goes against us.

On the plus side I quite enjoyed seeing the Hamilton fans reaction after Lawless's goal. With Cove scoring 7 minutes before us they went from a major step forward in surviving to at best being in a playoff. Just a shame Graham's late effort was offside. If it had counted I might still be at the stadium lapping up the salty tears of the Accies young team. 

It'll be interesting to see the footage of Graham's goal as Doolan is insisting it was onside. We were right in front when it went in and it looked onside to me. 

8 hours ago, Thistle88 said:

Slavering nonesense? Doolan won a few games, we have been up and down form wise like half of the top 6 since the season started. He’s made no great difference. 

And no he doesn’t deserve more time than others, ffs what a stupid thing to say !

He's only had 11 games. That was the point I was trying to make. It's definitely stupid to think he could have done much better in the circumstances. Nb the season is not finished. 

21 minutes ago, westertonjagfan said:

It'll be interesting to see the footage of Graham's goal as Doolan is insisting it was onside. We were right in front when it went in and it looked onside to me. 

Jagzone footage indicates Graham's goal at the end was onside. The defender challenging Holt for the flick on has his feet inside the 6 yard box whereas Graham is outside the 6 yard box.

The footage for Graham's earlier offside goal is less conclusive but looks like Graham may have been onside at  that one too. Its a shame because the finish from Graham is really good.

Also worth noting that Brownlie was not at fault for either goal. Muirhead was meant to be marking the goalscorer and lost him both times. Brownlie is also integral in Lawless' late goal as he causes a bit of chaos by moving up front for Mitchell's kickout. So perhaps Brownlie had a better game than I gave him credit for.

33 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

So if the goal had stood, and we came away with three points, would Doolan still be getting the same criticism in this thread?

If ian McCall had won every game this season would you still have sacked him ?

pointless comment …..we didn’t win yesterday and have only won twice in our last six …..my assumption is that doolan was brought in to a. win the league or b. Get us into the playoffs …..one has gone and the other is in the balance 

under doolan we have played some good stuff and some poor stuff much like McCall 

1 minute ago, Lenziejag said:
16 minutes ago, javeajag said:

If ian McCall had won every game this season would you still have sacked him ?

pointless comment …..we didn’t win yesterday and have only won twice in our last six …..my assumption is that doolan was brought in to a. win the league or b. Get us into the playoffs …..one has gone and the other is in the balance 

under doolan we have played some good stuff and some poor stuff much like McCall 

I am perplexed by your posts. McCall is history now. And I was sceptical of how Doolan would get on, but it surely isn’t a surprise that results have stuttered. Every team apart from ICT and Dundee have struggled to get consistent results in the last 4 to 5 weeks. Disappointed as I am by the result yesterday, I am heartened that we got an equaliser after conceding in the last minute and had what looks like a perfectly good goal ruled out after that. At the  end, McCall wasn’t getting that from the players, I am afraid.

7 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

And over the season there will have been bad decisions which went our way that earned us points. These things balance out over the season and while the timing is unfortunate it is not that which will have cost us anything.

That’s just something people say. And even if they do balance out, it feels more critical at the end of a game/season. It may be this is the one that takes us out of balance?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jags on tour said:

Pish result but a win next week vs Arbroath secures a playoff spot regardless of other results, Need Tiffoney back, why was he not involved today?

A win next week does not win a playoff spot regardless of other results. We win next week but lose at Raith Rovers we end with 56 points. Morton and Ayr win their last 2 games, Morton would have 57 points and Ayr 58 points. Meaning Thistle and ICT would end up 5th and 6th. We need Morton not to win on Saturday and us to win on Saturday to guarantee a playoff spot for us next weekend.

21 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I am perplexed by your posts. McCall is history now. And I was sceptical of how Doolan would get on, but it surely isn’t a surprise that results have stuttered. Every team apart from ICT and Dundee have struggled to get consistent results in the last 4 to 5 weeks. Disappointed as I am by the result yesterday, I am heartened that we got an equaliser after conceding in the last minute and had what looks like a perfectly good goal ruled out after that. At the  end, McCall wasn’t getting that from the players, I am afraid.

Of course McCall is history ….I was trying to make the point that speculation about what might have been yesterday is pointless …..we didn’t win that’s the fact 

21 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Dundee have just 1 win in 4, so they are hardly consistent, which makes the points we have given away all the more disappointing.