Home and away.

Auld Jag

2 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

No. If we lose 56 pts.

If Ayr / Caley win 58 pts

If Morton win 57 pts.

We would end up 5th.

But loser of Ayr v Cally would be on 55. They can’t both win.

If they drew and Morton won and we lost by 15 goals, we could be 5th

Edited by Dick Dastardly

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

But loser of Ayr v Cally would be on 55. They can’t both win.

If they drew and Morton won and we lost by 15 goals, we could be 5th

Yeh was thinking that.  I think we are there (assuming the 15 goal meltdown does not happen).

Anyway lovely 3 points today and brace for Turner 😀

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Yeh was thinking that.  I think we are there (assuming the 15 goal meltdown does not happen).

Anyway lovely 3 points today and brace for Turner 😀

No we aren't. Lose at Raith we end up on 56.

If Ayr or Caley win, they have 58 

If Morton win they have 57.

Top 4 Dundee, Queens Park, Ayr or Caley and Morton. Thistle 5th. 

But. It's all in our own hands.

Edited by Garscube Road End 2

2 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

No we aren't. Lose at Raith we end up on 56.

If Ayr or Caley win, they have 58 

If Morton win they have 57.

Top 4 Dundee, Queens Park, Ayr or Caley and Morton. Thistle 5th.

Ah got you.  So right to the wire and playing a Raith team who are only playing for pride.  A draw in Ayr game would be most helpful. Nail biting final day for title, play offs and relegation then.

1 minute ago, elevenone said:

Ah got you.  So right to the wire and playing a Raith team who are only playing for pride.  A draw in Ayr game would be most helpful. Nail biting final day for title, play offs and relegation then.

Indeed. Unfortunately I have no nails left to bite. Have to suck my knuckles. 

Today was a reflection of the season. At times we showed real invention and might have scored 4 or 5 but for some good goal-keeping...but were pushed back and conceded a lot of corners though fortunately Arbroath didn't have any cutting edge otherwise we could have squandered points yet again to relegation candidates.

If we win next week and Queens don't we will be second but if we lose we could miss the play-offs. Either way it feels like a missed opportunity - Dundee have looked very ordinary this season and we have scored 9 goals at Firhill against Inverness - at our best and with a full squad we are clearly better than any other team in the Division.

It's made an interesting end to the season...and it's a challenge to work out how things will pan out for the start of next season.

A slow start from Thistle and if it wasn't for a good save from Mitchell we could've been a goal down before we got going. Started to play better with about 20 minutes of the first half to go and put the Arbroath goal under some pressure, we scored with about 5 minutes of the first half left. Again we started the second half slowly and some slack passing caused a few nervy moments. We seemed to pick up the pace again about 10 minutes into the second half and score a second with about half an hour to go and after that we played the game out comfortably.

A point next week would see us in a playoff position, but hopefully we go out for a win as second is now within our reach if other scores went our way.

Turner deserved his motm award, but Mitchell also dealt with anything they flung at him and Brownlie also did his job well. Graham seemed to be playing out on the wing at times and this did not do anything for his game.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Weebaw1 said:

Lawless and Turner were terrific, Graham dreadful. I’m fed up with his moaning.

Arbroath had some good deliveries from set pieces which Brownlie dealt with admirably. He’s obviously been told to shift it quickly!

Agree Graham was dreadful today, but his contribution this season cannot be questioned. Moaning is all part of his game.

Just add it was great to speak to @Sinistar at the game today and of course @partickthedog. Let's hope we have some more games at Firhill before the season ends.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weebaw1 said:

Lawless and Turner were terrific, Graham dreadful. I’m fed up with his moaning.

Arbroath had some good deliveries from set pieces which Brownlie dealt with admirably. He’s obviously been told to shift it quickly!

Couldn’t agree more re Graham. If he concentrated more on playing the ball rather than outmuscling his opponent he’d be twice the player he is. 

Wasn't meant to be there today, but happy enough to see that. Graham was woeful. I often wonder if a player pays any attention to our opinions. I like Graham and don't really want to run him down, but he was woeful in my opinion. I was an absolutely crap football player, and couldn't lace his boots.  Does spending £20 ( plus two pies and £10 half time draw) entitle me to pass judgement on his performance? Also should I post after eight pints?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SteppsJag said:

Couldn’t agree more re Graham. If he concentrated more on playing the ball rather than outmuscling his opponent he’d be twice the player he is. 

He was also very poor against Ayr.

When he drops into midfield, as he did a few times today or goes to the wing, it does not give the midfield any options up front.