Home and away.

Auld Jag

1 hour ago, sandy said:

If it was the game played by men with oddly shaped balls, those scorelines might indeed be possible. 

3 tries and a conversion each for Ayr and Inverness, and the referee awards Raith 2 penalty tries for persistent fouling on the goal line.

I can see it happening.

5 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

3 tries and a conversion each for Ayr and Inverness, and the referee awards Raith 2 penalty tries for persistent fouling on the goal line.

I can see it happening.

4 unconverted tries and a drop goal each would give them the 23. With that they would also get a bonus point.

31 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Luca Brecel of Belgium wins the world snooker championship. Belgium's flag is red, yellow and Black,hopefully a good sign for other sporting participants with the same colours.:fan:

Consulate is just up the road from me in Penicuik - wonder if they might let me "borrow" it? 😄

Fingernails already shortened and nerves kicking in.  Had an oddly specific dream that Ayr, Morton, QP all won and we were trailing 1-0 only to equalise in last min.  Just putting that out there in case it comes to pass and I can start charging for readings on forum.  

Into em from the start Jags and let the nerves be jangling elsewhere.  

2 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Fingernails already shortened and nerves kicking in.  Had an oddly specific dream that Ayr, Morton, QP all won and we were trailing 1-0 only to equalise in last min.  Just putting that out there in case it comes to pass and I can start charging for readings on forum.  

Into em from the start Jags and let the nerves be jangling elsewhere.  

Any chance that we and Dundee could both score twice in injury time (a dodgy penalty and disputed offside wouldn't go amiss)

When did we last win at Stark's Park? Surely it cannot be as long ago as early 2006 when Sandy Hodge and Jimmy Gibson scored in a 2-1 victory. It was such a bitterly cold night that the three of us who attended together took the unusual (for us) step of buying a Bovril (each) at half-time. Sandy Hodge scored his only goal for Thistle with a header from a corner immediately after the break (and amazingly was not penalised for his usual pushing). To avoid the health and safety implications of steaming hot Bovril flying everywhere our celebrations were restricted to a slow fist pump with the non-Bovril cup holding hand.

Since then I can recall 2 dramatic last minute equalisers (one at either end) from Kris Doolan, some turgid 0-0s and some abject defeats. Hopefully someone can remind me of a win I have forgotten.

27 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

When did we last win at Stark's Park? Surely it cannot be as long ago as early 2006 when Sandy Hodge and Jimmy Gibson scored in a 2-1 victory. It was such a bitterly cold night that the three of us who attended together took the unusual (for us) step of buying a Bovril (each) at half-time. Sandy Hodge scored his only goal for Thistle with a header from a corner immediately after the break (and amazingly was not penalised for his usual pushing). To avoid the health and safety implications of steaming hot Bovril flying everywhere our celebrations were restricted to a slow fist pump with the non-Bovril cup holding hand.

Since then I can recall 2 dramatic last minute equalisers (one at either end) from Kris Doolan, some turgid 0-0s and some abject defeats. Hopefully someone can remind me of a win I have forgotten.

Done a wee search a found a 2-0 Jags away win on 12th March 2011 if correct?  Have no memory of that though.  Even with that been on the wrong side of a few hidings there so lets reverse that tonight Jags.

1-1 (late equaliser) :getmecoat:

• Like 1

On 5/2/2023 at 12:41 AM, partickthedog said:

You are absolutely right. I was awarding 7 point tries with conversions to follow!

That bonus point scenario is a little worrying.

Knowing the Jags we’re odds on to get a losing bonus point and I have no idea how that scenario would play out!?😃

3 hours ago, elevenone said:

Done a wee search a found a 2-0 Jags away win on 12th March 2011 if correct?  Have no memory of that though.  Even with that been on the wrong side of a few hidings there so lets reverse that tonight Jags.

1-1 (late equaliser) :getmecoat:

Well done for finding the 2011 game. I tend to have a fairly good memory even of relatively dull games, but that 2-0 win has passed me by totally. That is odd because normally away wins are even more enjoyable and memorable than home ones.

2 hours ago, stillresigned said:

Knowing the Jags we’re odds on to get a losing bonus point and I have no idea how that scenario would play out!?😃

I think in rugby you get a losing bonus point if the margin of defeat does not exceed 7. 

This might start to get worrying when Raith's 6th goal goes in.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, partickthedog said:

To avoid the health and safety implications of steaming hot Bovril flying everywhere our celebrations were restricted to a slow fist pump with the non-Bovril cup holding hand.

Love the description! Poetic, in its own way. I wonder: shouldn't all goal celebrations among fans be limited to this kind of thing?

Edited by Jaggernaut

Just got back from Scotland yesterday.... loved the 2-0 win at Firhill on Saturday, with a rare, extended sept (N=7) of the Jaggernaut family in attendance.

Still jet lagged, and with an attempted restorative nap this afternoon totally disrupted by an earthquake (epicentre a couple of hundred miles away, but strong enough here to rock the boat (or apartment)), I've been believing all day today that it was Thursday, until a friend looked at me oddly and informed me that it was Friday!

SO, have signed up to Raith TV for the live stream, will get to bed soon, and hopefully get up again for the 03:45 am kick-off.

Monra Jags !

• Like 3

7 hours ago, partickthedog said:

To avoid the health and safety implications of steaming hot Bovril flying everywhere our celebrations were restricted to a slow fist pump with the non-Bovril cup holding hand.

This reminds me of a wet day at Brockville. Because of the weather my pals and I decided to watch from the "Grandstand". At the turnstile a young guy (possibly not that young but a lot younger than me) had his backpack searched and a pint carton of milk was confiscated. A matter of seconds later after entering the "stadium" Bovril was purchased. The water must have reached boiling point seconds earlier.

Question for "the powers that be" - Which is more likely to have caused serious physical injury in the event of an accident (or to have been used as a missile)?

4 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Well done for finding the 2011 game. I tend to have a fairly good memory even of relatively dull games, but that 2-0 win has passed me by totally. That is odd because normally away wins are even more enjoyable and memorable than home ones.

So our record against Raith is bad, but what’s our record when facing Jamie MacDonald ? I always cringe when I see him line up for the opposition 

19 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

So our record against Raith is bad, but what’s our record when facing Jamie MacDonald ? I always cringe when I see him line up for the opposition 

I cringe when our fans jeer him when he's taking a goal kick. The guy relishes that sort of treatment. I'd say he's about the most unflappable keepers we come across. But he's still prone to the odd **** up. Here's hoping!