Home and away part 2

Auld Jag

1 hour ago, allyo said:

It's a shame. Queen's Park is one of the most important clubs in the history of world football. But I suppose they are where they are, most of their fans died over 80 years ago, and it's very difficult to build a new fanbase.

Whereas if you are a Thistle supporter then it's great to see so many youngsters who are obviously passionate about the team. Let's hope they never lose the faith, and hope for even more!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JeanieD said:

Seems mildly ironic that there is seeming mocking of the level of support for Queens Park. 
I reckons adherents of the bigot twins could well do the same as regards our level of support and I doubt we would want to be associated with the like of them.

I'm not mocking their level of support. More questioning their sustainability.

Of course Mr Haughey could be the next Uncle Roy and QP can then operate in any tier of Scottish football within relative financial safety. But even Roy McGregor has got a stadium that can accommodate and receive income from a sizable away support. Clearly Lesser Hampden will be unsuitable for even our current division. If anything is ironic regarding attendances it involves QP's aspirations for top tier football and the capacity of the ground where their home games will be played.

• Like 1

I would have liked to have seen QP promoted instead of Dundee.  QP had a fantastic season up until a few weeks ago, and Owen Coyle has done a terrific job.  He presumably thinks he has taken them as far as they could go, and Jaggy's suggestion of hime being Dundee bound may true.

I have to say that I was durprised by the news that he had stepped down

His post match comments were all about taking QP forward, improving where it was necessary to do so, I assume their defence and being bigger and better next season.

Although he couldn't hide his disappointment this fidnt sound like a man who intended to resign.

His vomments after both play-off games Bout the Jags were complimentary and generous so I will wish him the best of luck for the future, even if he goes to Dundee.

7 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Went out for a walk in the fresh air to clear my head, but suddenly my brain began toying with the idea that Ian McCall and/or Alan Archibald could be live candidates for the Queens Park job. Someone please tell me that I am havering.

You want havering? Try this. At Ochilview on Friday - Jim Goodwin (DU), Lee Bullen (Ayr U), Duncan Ferguson (Forest Green Rovers) and lastly Neil Lennon (Unemployed) but with possible past links to a certain W.Haughey.

By the way I would not be surprised if Owen Coyle turns up at Dundee (as manager), not just walking up the road outside (as was often rumoured re Firhil and/or Maryhill Roads)!

Edited by QXBoy
Typo error

14 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

On further reflection and perhaps more realistic, if John McGlynn makes a poor start to next season, Ian McCall and possibly Alan Archibald, could come into the reckoning at Falkirk.

I wouldn't wish that on anyone...

47 minutes ago, QXBoy said:

You want havering? Try this. At Ochilview on Friday - Jim Goodwin (DU), Lee Bullen (Ayr U), Duncan Ferguson (Forest Green Rovers) and lastly Neil Lennon (Unemployed) but with possible past links to a certain W.Haughey.

By the way I would not be surprised if Owen Coyle turns up at Dundee (as manager), not just walking up the road outside (as was often rumoured re Firhil and/or Maryhill Roads)!

Lee Bullen would have been there to scout whoever Ayr would meet in the next round. It would have been a surprise if he wasn’t there. Likewise Jim Goodwin 

Edited by Dick Dastardly

34 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Lee Bullen would have been there to scout whoever Ayr would meet in the next round. It would have been a surprise if he wasn’t there. Likewise Jim Goodwin 

Bloomin' 'eck (as the say in parts of England with which you might be familiar) Thank you for stating the bleedin' obvious (matters of which I was well aware). Maybe I should add that Duncan Ferguson was most likely there to scout for players to sign for his team who have just been relegated, suggesting the likelihood of the need to rebuild  his squad for next season.

11 hours ago, Aliballibee said:

McCall played for Dundee, albeit only 27 appearances, but former players have a habit (sometimes bad) of becoming manager of their former clubs.

Think Dundee FC will be looking for a manager with a chirpy voice as an antidote to Gary https://img.gifglobe.com/grabs/fatherted/S02E11/S02E11-QX0u6N8f-subtitled.jpg Bullen.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Think Dundee FC will be looking for a manager with a chirpy voice as an antidote to Gary https://img.gifglobe.com/grabs/fatherted/S02E11/S02E11-QX0u6N8f-subtitled.jpg Bullen.

Callum Davidson certainly doesn't have a chirpy voice and from what I have read Dundee fans don't want him. In saying that some fans wanted Mcleish..............who is just a taller version of Callum Davidson.