Doolan

Third Lanark

4 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

I hadn’t realised Doolan was going through this which makes it even more incredible he has been doing since he has taken over while also having this worry to deal with

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/23508189.partick-thistle-manager-reveals-personal-torment-ill-father/

Well said TL. Dools has his hands full but again tonight interviewed really well on the BBC. Hats off to him 

• Like 1

Terrible news regarding his father, lovely touch to see both sets of players wearing black armbands as a show of respect to Kris. 
The new banner shown on 9 minutes another lovely touch to show Kris the fans are with him in this difficult time, Brian Graham,s interview at the end was a touch of class too

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with denismcquadeno.eleven.

Prior to his return Kris had aside from running his academy been a regular co-commentator/pundit on Radio Scotland. His clear, concise and unrepetitive reporting, with a total disregard to those "hackneyed cliches", was so evident. What Dools could say in twenty seconds the likes of Yogi Hughes would require twenty minutes. My guess is that Doolan's days at the BBC were severely numbered. He was making his on air colleagues sound even more dreadful than normal. Clearly he'd have to go. :)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Agree with denismcquadeno.eleven.

Prior to his return Kris had aside from running his academy been a regular co-commentator/pundit on Radio Scotland. His clear, concise and unrepetitive reporting, with a total disregard to those "hackneyed cliches", was so evident. What Dools could say in twenty seconds the likes of Yogi Hughes would require twenty minutes. My guess is that Doolan's days at the BBC were severely numbered. He was making his on air colleagues sound even more dreadful than normal. Clearly he'd have to go. :)

I learned that because so many presenters on BBC ignorantly use the word "data" as a singular noun, they have now instructed all presenters to use it that way. In other words, they are ordering people to speak incorrectly!

Mark my words: next it will be that "th" is to be pronounced "f". 

What do I fink?

Thuck that!

2 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

I learned that because so many presenters on BBC ignorantly use the word "data" as a singular noun, they have now instructed all presenters to use it that way. In other words, they are ordering people to speak incorrectly!

Mark my words: next it will be that "th" is to be pronounced "f". 

What do I fink?

Thuck that!

Listen, I'm not too sure who the radio co-commentator is at Rugby Park. But listen, he's got an annoying habit of starting every other sentence with a certain word.

15 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Listen, I'm not too sure who the radio co-commentator is at Rugby Park. But listen, he's got an annoying habit of starting every other sentence with a certain word.

M'Lady, if I wiz you I widnae listen!

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Haha! "Listen," They all do it! I used to anticipate Archie using it in less than five seconds in his interviews, and usually wasn't disappointed. Brian Graham is a carbon copy in his PTWFC interviews.

Another example is  "Well...," which starts about 90% of the BBC correspondents' replies to questions from the studio, wherever they are, and however crappy the news value of what they have to tell us. But of course they cream off what they are "entitled to" from their expenses-paid "missions.". 

3 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

"He's got to score from there!"

"He'll be disappointed with that."

"He's got to do better from there!"

"There IS contact..." [So what? It's a contact sport! Should the rules be re-written to outlaw tackles?]

"Englands expects."

All candidates for Room 101.

He just about kept it in (ie he kept it in).

He just about kept it out (ie he kept it out).

• Like 1