Doolan

Third Lanark

2 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Way down the list of priorities based on the other positions that need to be filled. Just look at the Ayr and Queens Park keepers and be thankful we have someone as good as Mitchell.

If I am not mistaken, the QP keeper was supposed to be the leagues top keeper and Ayr’s was 2nd.

Doolan's inexperience showed yesterday, when he threw on Bannigan. I feared he might go for protecting the lead we had, and so it proved. Bannigan had an absolute shocker. Sold a goal, missed a sitter and then a penalty.  Doolan's naievity caught up with him yesterday. He will learn. Bannigan? Should have been cut loose years ago. He needs binned. Testimonial year or not.

56 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Doolan's inexperience showed yesterday, when he threw on Bannigan. I feared he might go for protecting the lead we had, and so it proved. Bannigan had an absolute shocker. Sold a goal, missed a sitter and then a penalty.  Doolan's naievity caught up with him yesterday. He will learn. Bannigan? Should have been cut loose years ago. He needs binned. Testimonial year or not.

It wasn’t Bannigan that passed the ball out the park at the kickoff, or him that let the cross in for the second goal, and who was marking Moray or the guy that scored the third.He wasn’t the only one to miss a sitter. Tiffoney had another one on one, Graham missed a great chance as did Mullen. That’s pretty much the whole team that contributed to us not winning yesterday.

27 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

It wasn’t Bannigan that passed the ball out the park at the kickoff, or him that let the cross in for the second goal, and who was marking Moray or the guy that scored the third.He wasn’t the only one to miss a sitter. Tiffoney had another one on one, Graham missed a great chance as did Mullen. That’s pretty much the whole team that contributed to us not winning yesterday.

It was him who made the clearance straight to a Ross County player and led to the 3rd goal. He should have booted it out of play.

What you say is true Lenziejag, but the other players you mentioned each made a contribution, whereas I, like some others on here, struggle to identify much of a contribution from Bannigan.  I know it's a bit unfair to single out players for criticism, but he is one paced and risk averse, and that does not fit into the style of play that got us to Sunday.  That I think explains why so many question Doolan's decision to bring him on.

Edited by eljaggo
  • Like 1

It still bothers me that during the penalty shoot out Bannigan was clearly feeling stressed as his turn was

approaching. Having your head in your hands does not give off the right body language at all.

His team captain, or Doolan should have noticed this and given him the option of opting out.

His confidence must have been dented by his display during the time he was on the pitch, not that he's suddenly a bad player, just that his style of play was not suited to this occasion.

Btw, I hope the Thistle fan who thought it clever to taunt and abuse the County player at the throw-in feels like the proper dick he clearly is.  

56 minutes ago, Harrybriscoe said:

It still bothers me that during the penalty shoot out Bannigan was clearly feeling stressed as his turn was

approaching. Having your head in your hands does not give off the right body language at all.

His team captain, or Doolan should have noticed this and given him the option of opting out.

His confidence must have been dented by his display during the time he was on the pitch, not that he's suddenly a bad player, just that his style of play was not suited to this occasion.

Btw, I hope the Thistle fan who thought it clever to taunt and abuse the County player at the throw-in feels like the proper dick he clearly is.  

Can you change the penalty takers after the shoot-out has begun?

2 hours ago, Harrybriscoe said:

Agree-that guy was right in front of me and spent the whole game acting like a complete tosser. I'm no shrinking violet, but when I'm trying to concentrate on a game, I'm not keen on hearing every opposition player and the referee being called a cunting cunty ****. Some folk need to grow up.

Edited by westertonjagfan

40 minutes ago, fifexile said:

Once the referee has been given the names they can't be changed. 

Is that in the official rules, or is it just a courtesy to the referee on the day. I'm wondering what happens in a scenario where the nominated player is actually incapacitated via being physically sick, or cramp etc;.  

9 minutes ago, Harrybriscoe said:

Is that in the official rules, or is it just a courtesy to the referee on the day. I'm wondering what happens in a scenario where the nominated player is actually incapacitated via being physically sick, or cramp etc;.  

@Harrybriscoe From the procedure written into the laws of the game. An injured player would not be replaced but the other team would remove one of their nominated players. I've never heard of it happening but id imagine it must have at some stage! 

Screenshot_20230606_143802_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, westertonjagfan said:

Agree-that guy was right in front of me and spent the whole game acting like a complete tosser. I'm no shrinking violet, but when I'm trying to concentrate on a game, I'm not keen on hearing every opposition player and the referee being called a cunting cunty ****. Some folk need to grow up.

Where i go to at Firhill i am close to where the away teams subs do their warm ups. The amount of adult Thistle supporters walking by  and shouting at them is quite embarrassing. Encourage the Thistle players, don't wind up the opposition.

• Like 2

On 6/5/2023 at 9:15 AM, laukat said:

Be interesting to see what Doolan does with the squad.....

Sneddon is possibly the only one who could feel hard done by but I don't see how we can afford to have 2 goalkeepers on starting wages. If we need to cut costs the obvious move is Mitchell with McCready as backup and emergency loans if required....

How often has Mitchell scored, though? 😉

In the new season, we could even go for all-out total football, with goalkeepers doing a shift as back-up strikers. (After all, Jim Goodwin showed how an outfield player could easily stand in for a goalkeeper.)

• Haha 2