Home and Away part 3

Auld Jag

After 2 impressive wins against Queens Park we now have Ayr in another double header to find out which Championship team plays against the team that ends up 11th in the Premier league for a place in next season's Premiership.

I don't think Ayr will be an easy team to beat, but play as we did in the first half of the second leg against Queens Park and it will take a herculean performance by the opposition to beat us. But most Thistle fans know that the only consistent thing about Thistle is how inconsistent we can be, although since Dools has taken over we have been more consistent.

Team could depend if Banzo is fit or not, or will we start with the same starting line up as away to Queens Park. Imo this will be a very close tie over the 2 legs, but then again i thought that for the Queens Park tie as well.

1 hour ago, Anniesland Jag said:

If we can stymy Akinyemi the same way we did Thomas in second leg against QP I have moderately high hopes .Also our tails are up,BBG firing pre match salvos and Ayr ,hopefully, suffering from two week torpor. 

I wish Graham had kept his feelings to himself. This kind of thing just comes back to haunt us.

1 hour ago, Anniesland Jag said:

If we can stymy Akinyemi the same way we did Thomas in second leg against QP I have moderately high hopes .Also our tails are up,BBG firing pre match salvos and Ayr ,hopefully, suffering from two week torpor. 

That's the biggest unknown for me. Will Ayr be fresher from the lay off or will they be slightly losing match fitness/sharpness? Will we be carrying knocks, strains other niggles into this game? Unlike previous seasons we've had a week between play off game 2 and game 3 to recover. So I'm very hopeful Ayr won't be advantaged and possibly we'll be better off for having been playing.

I don't know if it's that significant but, with the exception of the ICT match, no opposition has scored first in any game since the change of manager. 

2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

That's the biggest unknown for me. Will Ayr be fresher from the lay off or will they be slightly losing match fitness/sharpness? Will we be carrying knocks, strains other niggles into this game? Unlike previous seasons we've had a week between play off game 2 and game 3 to recover. So I'm very hopeful Ayr won't be advantaged and possibly we'll be better off for having been playing.

I don't know if it's that significant but, with the exception of the ICT match, no opposition has scored first in any game since the change of manager. 

The momentum has to be with us.There also was a 90 minute plus two way feel good factor between fans to players last Friday ,something I have not seen in a wee while.If we can feed off that again tomorrow then hopefully we’ll prevail .I also think it is one of these games where whoever scores first will be in a strong position so your comment about teams not scoring against us first has merit.

3 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Doolan has so far kept any changes from game to game to an absolute minimum. If Bannigan is back he might start instead of Fitz, but other than that it will be the same 11.

Does anyone know if there is any chance of Milne being back before the end of the playoffs ?

No chance of Milne being back unfortunately.

1 hour ago, laukat said:

If Ayr have sold nearly 2000 for tomorrow then we'll need a bigger Colin Weir stand as it only holds 1825.

I'm assuming we mean Thistle have sold nearly 2000 tickets to away supporters? Don't think Ayr have any to sell?

The latest numbers I’ve seen quoted are

CWS 1800

JLS 2000

JHS 2900

Really looking forward to this. Came back to Scotland for the second leg against Queens and then couldn't get a ticket. Every time we play Ayr at Firhill I'm haunted by the pathetic goal we conceded many years ago to get relegated. My wife was at one of her few live matches and said afterwards she thought someone had died. Mind you we nearly did. Play as we did at Ochilview and there should be no issue.

(For those paying attention Crues won 4_0. Thanks for asking)

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

The latest numbers I’ve seen quoted are

CWS 1800

JLS 2000

JHS 2900

We know the JLS number is correct and the JHS number doesn't look wrong. I have seen others suggesting Ayr are more like 1200 which feels more right but I wouldn't be surprised if Ayr filled the Colin Weir.

An attendance in the region of 7000 is pretty impressive.

30 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Bannigan out but Dools confident he will be available for next week at Somerset. Hodson and Smith also out.

Bannigan and Hodson out pretty much forces our hand on what formation and team we are going to put out tomorrow. I don't think its a bad thing that we go with the attacking 4-4-2 at home and then have more defensive midfield options available for the away leg if we need to see it out.

5 minutes ago, laukat said:

We know the JLS number is correct and the JHS number doesn't look wrong. I have seen others suggesting Ayr are more like 1200 which feels more right but I wouldn't be surprised if Ayr filled the Colin Weir.

An attendance in the region of 7000 is pretty impressive.

Agreed 

I am sure our capacity at Firhill is just under 10,000. Really disappointed that John Lambie Stand is sold out, i always buy my ticket pre match at the back of JHS on night of game. Hope i manage to get a ticket for JHS tomorrow night that way.