Home and Away part 3

Auld Jag

As I have been watching the Jags since 1959/60 I have become a little bit of a worrier. But this team are something different and with improvement in the right places could become something special. The Duffy/McParland, the League Cup Winning and the Doolan/Erskine/O'Donnell teams were special.

As far as last night's game was concerned I was confident we were going to score with the move up and around the right side of the park. In fact when Lawless got the recycled ball I was just waiting on McMillan making his run. 

I like, a few on this thread   was disappointed we didn't get a 4th goal which I think even with Akinyemi on the park next Friday, would have sealed the tie. So IMO we are not there yet and still have a difficult time ahead next Friday.

We have to recognise though that Ayr caused us a few problems but also the only reasons they dominated the last 10/15 minutes was because we substituted probably our 5 best players and Ayr were a bit desperate!

A big well done to the Manager, Staff and all the Players and a special mention for Lawless, Graham, McMillan and Mitchell.

All to play for guys. C'mon the Jags

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JAG1970 said:

And the club posted on twitter:

“There aren't many home end tickets left for tonight's play-off semi-final first leg against Ayr United at Firhill with the John Lambie Stand already at full capacity”

but 5k Thistle fans turned up with two stands that have a combined capacity of 8k…. Doesn’t add up!

Club statement admitting a **** up

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/ticketing-v-ayr-united/

21 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Never wanted Lawless back, but he has been outstanding, especially since Doolan took over.

The Three Judges at Partick Cross has this ale on today: https://www.bellfieldbrewery.com/products/gluten-free-beer-lawless-village-ipa

It would have been very rude not to have had three pints of it to mark Stevie's stellar performance last night.

So I did.

When watching the highlights and it went to the dugout after we scored I noticed a gentleman I had not seen before with the initials DD on his top - does anyone know who he is (I am assuming it is not our own Dick Dastardly)?

Also, given how successful they have been together will MacDonald continue as assistant next season or return to the Academy? I am sure Doolan would have ideas for an assistant but why change a winning formula?

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

The Three Judges at Partick Cross has this ale on today: https://www.bellfieldbrewery.com/products/gluten-free-beer-lawless-village-ipa

It would have been very rude not to have had three pints of it to mark Stevie's stellar performance last night.

So I did.

Lol. Good on you.

34 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

When watching the highlights and it went to the dugout after we scored I noticed a gentleman I had not seen before with the initials DD on his top - does anyone know who he is (I am assuming it is not our own Dick Dastardly)?

Also, given how successful they have been together will MacDonald continue as assistant next season or return to the Academy? I am sure Doolan would have ideas for an assistant but why change a winning formula?

Drat, drat and triple drat. My identity is blown

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

And likely we could have got 1000 more people in if it had not already said sold out when it wasn’t which could have cost us £10,000 to £20,000

You reckon 1000 didn’t go because of the announcement? JHS wasn’t sold out so I doubt it

17 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

I think I heard the official attendance was around 7,100. That's around 3,000 short of capacity. Hopefully those empty seats will be filled for the home leg of the final!

It would be nice, but where the hell do these people come from and where are they for the rest of the season? And every other ‘average’ season. We had 5k on Friday, double what we had earlier in the season

5 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

It’s Danny who is our second kit man - does a power of work helping Paul out