Home and away part 4, the final countdown

Auld Jag

Like most on this thread unless Doolan has some super tactical plan I hope we keep the same team with Bannigan on the bench until needed.

If we can use our pace and get lots of crosses into the 6 yard box we will win.

The RC defence conceded 60 goals while scoring only 37 so their defence can't be that great and their attack not so clinical. They are however a big, strong side who will pose a threat at set plays.

Our players will have to 'keep the heid' in both games as I expect RC will be up to all the tricks some of which I think will be brutal.

I for one hope we can hammer them and take a 4 or 5 goal lead to make the second leg a boring dead tie but I don't think RC will fold like our precious opponents.

I worried about Ayr's  Akinyemi. The only worry I have about RC other than their size is if they play Wright & Murray as a two up front! Is Wright fit to play?

I don't feel able to predict a score because I believe this tie could go either way.  I do though I hope for a 3 goal lead to take to Dingwall, 

18 minutes ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

I know season-tickets aren't valid for this evening, so was wondering if that means people can sit in the "reserved season ticket" seats (especially since Firhill will be busy)?

Sit where you want. Season tickets are irrelevant as they have been for other play off games. I say that as a season ticket holder. Some ST holders might want to sit in ‘their seat’ though as they always sit in the same seat

10 minutes ago, jaggy said:

Sit where you want. Season tickets are irrelevant as they have been for other play off games. I say that as a season ticket holder. Some ST holders might want to sit in ‘their seat’ though as they always sit in the same seat

I will be sitting in my usual seat. As long as I get there before someone else sits in it. ;)

(I wonder if seat numbers will be adhered to in Dingwall?)

Edited by scotty

43 minutes ago, jaggy said:

Your seat is reserved irrespective of whether the ST is valid or not.

6 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Really? Even if no seat number is on the ticket? I wasn’t aware of that. So if someone is in my seat tonight I can ask them to move?

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

My understanding is that the seat is only reserved for league games plus any others designated by the club and not for cup games, play offs etc. So for tonight’s game it’s pretty much first come first served.

2 minutes ago, SteppsJag said:

My understanding is that the seat is only reserved for league games plus any others designated by the club and not for cup games, play offs etc. So for tonight’s game it’s pretty much first come first served.

I am pretty sure the seat is reserved for the season. It was one of the additional benefits of buying in advance - or at least it used to be. In any case, I try to get there early to avoid doubt.

25 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I am pretty sure the seat is reserved for the season. It was one of the additional benefits of buying in advance - or at least it used to be. In any case, I try to get there early to avoid doubt.

Where I sit first come first served is common practice for all non league games. Might of course be only a tacit understanding but I've never heard any ST holder "my seat" someone at such a game.

Away games tend to be sit anywhere regardless of seat number (often confirmed by the stewards). The exception being perhaps when we've used up our allocation. Sit anywhere leads for a better atmosphere.

33 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Where I sit first come first served is common practice for all non league games. Might of course be only a tacit understanding but I've never heard any ST holder "my seat" someone at such a game.

Away games tend to be sit anywhere regardless of seat number (often confirmed by the stewards). The exception being perhaps when we've used up our allocation. Sit anywhere leads for a better atmosphere.

There was reference to blocks of unallocated seating when I bought tickets for this evening's game. Was going to check specifically what blocks are mentioned when buying, however ticketing system has a 'you're in a queue' message just now. Think it's going to be a big, big crowd. Wonder if it'll beat the crowds towards end of 2013 season?

6 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Like most on this thread unless Doolan has some super tactical plan I hope we keep the same team with Bannigan on the bench until needed.

If we can use our pace and get lots of crosses into the 6 yard box we will win.

The RC defence conceded 60 goals while scoring only 37 so their defence can't be that great and their attack not so clinical. They are however a big, strong side who will pose a threat at set plays.

Our players will have to 'keep the heid' in both games as I expect RC will be up to all the tricks some of which I think will be brutal.

I for one hope we can hammer them and take a 4 or 5 goal lead to make the second leg a boring dead tie but I don't think RC will fold like our precious opponents.

I worried about Ayr's  Akinyemi. The only worry I have about RC other than their size is if they play Wright & Murray as a two up front! Is Wright fit to play?

I don't feel able to predict a score because I believe this tie could go either way.  I do though I hope for a 3 goal lead to take to Dingwall, 

In context, though, the goals conceded and scored are against premiership players. We managed to lose 4 against Aberdeen when they were crap.

2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

A few seasons ago, I did witness the situation where a ST holder asked someone to move. The steward backed them up, but it left a bit of a bad atmosphere in the place.

We have played some of our best football in the playoff games and after the first leg against Queens Park our defence has looked solid, but we all know how quickly things can change. Imo anybody's game and as usual first goal will be vital. C'mon Dools Red and Yellow army.:fan:

1 hour ago, JAG1970 said:

Posted an hour ago on the club’s twitter feed:

“There are just 400 tickets remaining for Partick Thistle supporters to purchase for this evening's cinch Premiership play-off final first leg”. 

If this is true and as was mentioned previously that SPFL take about 40% of the income(after VAT) from the playoffs to go towards the parachute payments, Jags fans must be contributing over £100k towards that over the 3 ties.