Season Tickets 23/24

Fawlty Towers

These will be on sale from 1pm on Friday. There is an increase in price for these and matchday admission but I was expecting this regardless of other issues as clubs are not immune to the pressures of inflation.

When I was counting how many we sold last season (I am boring I know) we had 2030 at last count on 7th August so if we were to get a 25% increase that puts us at 2500 which would be excellent all things considered but I suppose it depends on what the club is budgeting for.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/2023-24-season-tickets-on-sale-tomorrow/

12 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

On the price of the tickets.

Thistle £330 for 18 games = £18. 33 per game.

My mate is a season ticket holder at Ipswich. 

Ipswich  Town £ 360 for 23 games = £15.65 per game.

Now, who is getting the better deal? 

Certainly good pricing from Ipswich. I think though they can afford to be a bit more generous with their season ticket prices due to the SKY TV money they get whilst clubs in Scotland are more reliant on the season ticket/gate receipt income due to the poor TV deal here.

4 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Certainly good pricing from Ipswich. I think though they can afford to be a bit more generous with their season ticket prices due to the SKY TV money they get whilst clubs in Scotland are more reliant on the season ticket/gate receipt income due to the poor TV deal here.

Very valid point there.

I wonder if the club would consider package tickets a bit further down the line. Yes I understand season tickets are there, or individual game basis but not everyone is in a position to afford a season ticket or attend every game. I just wonder if they were to sell a 10 game bundle at say £200, its guaranteed income for the club that they might otherwise miss out on. Could also add 5 game bundle for £100. The incentive would be saving a little but making that commitment help the club with money upfront. 

Personally with work commitments I can't attend every week and would happily pay for a 10 match bundle which credits me 10 matches throughout the season.

I'm planning to buy one for the first time. Just need to decide if I should buy one for my son too, even though he plays rugby nearly every Saturday during the season. I would get in to trouble if getting him a season ticket led him astray!

12 minutes ago, fenski said:

I'm planning to buy one for the first time. Just need to decide if I should buy one for my son too, even though he plays rugby nearly every Saturday during the season. I would get in to trouble if getting him a season ticket led him astray!

Go on -  just say you are doing it for his own good before showing him a few pictures of ex rugby players with the squinty nose and cauliflower ears!